PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast Please!

Tony3d
05-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Ok, I have a real problem here, and now since Newtek dropped all phone support ( which really ticks me off to the point of looking seriously at Modo), I'm really stuck. I installed 11.5, and have been having trouble with my surface presets ever since. For some reason, I'm getting Built in, This user, and custom sections for my presets. whenever I double click a preset to save it to a library I previously created, it save to the general workspace. Now I can't categorize any surfaces. I really need this fixed. I'm running on a Mac Pro 12 core under OS 10.8.3. Any help would be great. I'm in the middle of a big job. Thanks. Damn you Newtek for dropping support.

nickdigital
05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
What happens if you manually move the .pst file into the proper folder that you want it to be in? Does it organize it properly? I know that's not the fix, but does it at least update the Preset menu properly?

I'm not on a Mac so not sure how helpful I can be.

Tony3d
05-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I will try that. I do have another question. Why is it that after reaching .016 thousands of an inch, Lighjtwave switches to 15.5 mil? What is mil, because it's certainly is not millimeters. I need to make a radius that is .0059". The size do not seem to be working out though.

Spinland
05-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Maybe this:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mil

Tony3d
05-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Got it thanks. Now if I could only fix my presets.

Axis3d
05-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Try this:

Double-click a surface in the Surface Editor to add it to the Workspace. Then Right-click on the surface in the Preset window and choose Library>Create Library. Type in a name for your group. Your surface is added to this new group (located under This User).

If you create a new surface in the Surface Editor and add it to the Workspace, it can be moved to this new group by Right-clicking and choosing Preset>Move To, to send it to the new group.

The folder for these new user presets ends up here on your computer: User > Library > Application Support > Newtek > Lightwave >11.5 > Presets > Surface Editor > Surface Preset.

Hope this helps.