PDA

View Full Version : Render size doesn't change output size...

Ramon
05-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Hello all.
Having a problem in LW 9.6 Win64
I set up the render size I need in the Render Globals window but, the only thing that LW renders is 640x480! :bangwall: Does anyone know what's going on?
Thanks.
By the way, Newtek, I tried to insert an image here - not working.:cry:

nickdigital
05-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Is it still 640x480 in your camera properties?

I can't recall but there might be a checkbox that has to be enabled to use Render Globals.

Ramon
05-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Is it still 640x480 in your camera properties?

I can't recall but there might be a checkbox that has to be enabled to use Render Globals.

Hey, thanks Nick! For the quick reply and the answer! Just seems like in LW there are too many place to change camera setting. One place would do. :D
They also have a place for render size in preferences > defaults the default frame size was set at 640x480 but that poses another question - you would think that logically, the Render size etc would be under either the "Render" tab or as you mentioned (I had forgotten it's been quite awhile since I used LW, I work at a game studio and have been using Max for approx. the last 7 years) the camera not under Edit > preferences right? Personally I think the render size should be under the camera so that you can have independent render sizes for each camera if you want and have an option toggle checkbox to sync other cameras to the one you have selected.

Thanks again though for helping me remember about the camera properties panel!:thumbsup:

eKalb
05-13-2013, 09:41 AM
The edit>preferences will let you set the default size, like if you always use the 1080 for your projects. You don't have to bother with changing it each time. In the render settings, you can set a global size for the project, but it will only apply if you set your camera to use global settings. The reason you can set them in camera is so that you can have different sizes for each camera.

I would set the default in preferences to what you use most often, then forget about that one. The rest works exactly like you think it should, but you have the global checkbox instead of choosing a camera to sync other camera settings to.

Ramon
05-13-2013, 11:15 AM
The edit>preferences will let you set the default size, like if you always use the 1080 for your projects. You don't have to bother with changing it each time. In the render settings, you can set a global size for the project, but it will only apply if you set your camera to use global settings. The reason you can set them in camera is so that you can have different sizes for each camera.

I would set the default in preferences to what you use most often, then forget about that one. The rest works exactly like you think it should, but you have the global checkbox instead of choosing a camera to sync other camera settings to.

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the follow up eKalb.:thumbsup: