PDA

View Full Version : Let Lightwave nodes be as powerful as XSI Ice !

blackmondy
05-12-2013, 07:29 AM
As above :)

mikkelen
05-14-2013, 04:27 PM
yes, let it be - let it be - let it be... and while your at it, i would like a spaceship that could move at the speed of light...

UnCommonGrafx
05-14-2013, 05:10 PM
For a moment I thought it was a declaration from on High.

Then... I dreamed a little...

What if they made LW nodes like an authoring system. That's essentially what ice is, an authoring system, capable of making standalone product.

After I awoke, I came here to post, with this divine thread clearly the only post I could see...

creacon
05-15-2013, 04:12 AM
They already are! After using the SDK for several months I can confirm that everything you need is there.

creacon

UnCommonGrafx
05-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Already capable of being like:
- an authoring system?
- ICE?

And it's just not all hooked up, for us to see? There's a way to see all nodes for all items at once?

Hmm...

Hail
05-15-2013, 09:25 AM
They already are! After using the SDK for several months I can confirm that everything you need is there.

creacon

Yeah.. I also recall someone(I think it was Sensei) saying same about lw nodes vs ICE

creacon
05-16-2013, 12:14 AM
I see no limtations in the SDK that would prevent that, I have a master plugin that adds a node editor as a motion plugin and opens it from the master. The master could iterate over all the items in the scene and control everything if needed. But I am too busy making liquids ;-)

creacon

Sensei
05-16-2013, 03:22 AM
Global Materials is plugin for LW v11+ allowing to edit the all object's the all surfaces in the one global node editor.
http://www.trueart.eu
And its data is saved with scene (unlike LW, which has surfaces saved with objects).