PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow Render Kit for Lightwave is beta testing!!

3dWannabe
05-11-2013, 06:33 PM
There's probably a better link for this on the NextLimit site, but ... this is certainly good news for Lightwave - as NextLimit is taking Lightwave seriously again!!!

http://www.realflow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2729&sid=23444d70c061b6bcac2c9f524fad3ed7#p2729

prometheus
05-12-2013, 08:36 AM
ah..have to register in order to see that thread on realflow forums..Isnīt there a way to inform about that without the register process?

Michael

3DGFXStudios
05-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Good news! but is it really the renderkit and not just the realflow plugin for 11.5? (also haven't a login)

jasonwestmas
05-12-2013, 10:51 AM
One of the RealFlow admin people posted some Render KIT beta plugins for lightwave people to try out. They're looking for feedback. He posted April 15th 2013 so it's obviously something brand new to lightwave. You need a license for the render kit but I think if you contact them you can get a temp license.

OnlineRender
05-12-2013, 11:09 AM
its the renderkit ... they also updated the plugin for LW so its pretty good news allround for LW users although some users are having issue which is given for beta

jwiede
05-12-2013, 01:03 PM
I've got both an RF & RFRK license already, so contacted the forum admin about being given access. Will update when they get my access sorted out.

3DGFXStudios
05-12-2013, 01:20 PM
I can't wait to see some RF LW renders! :D

H_Molla
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
we all want to see...

jwiede
05-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Well, there's an 11.5-compatible version of the LW RF connectivity plugin already, so importing RF meshes in LW is already quite doable. I've just gotten a bit spoiled by having RFRK in C4D, and really want that level of functionality in LW as well. I just find that RFRK makes it a lot easier to work with complex sims for render in the hosting 3D pkg -- esp. in the case of LW, which has more difficulty with high-density geometry than other pkgs.

jwiede
05-14-2013, 02:28 AM
Just a quick update: Have the LW RFRK downloaded, and hopefully will get a chance to play with it some night this week, or this weekend at latest. I'll try to render some sim anims using it as well.

H_Molla
05-22-2013, 01:35 PM
So..You didn't Play ;-)

jwiede
05-22-2013, 06:55 PM
So..You didn't Play ;-)
I did play a bit, but haven't had a chance to do much rendering yet. Just been a bit of a deluge the last 2-3 weeks of liquid/fluid-related plugin updates/upgrades: On top of RFRK for LW, for C4D both X-Particles v2 and Navie's Effex v2 (early bird) released, each with SPH capabilities (Effex early bird end of last week, X-Particles v2 this week). I did get the RFRK plugin set up in LW11.5 and test it on a few simple examples, and it seemed to function, but nothing worth a rendered video yet.

jhinrichs
05-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Realflow 2013 definitely has the Render Kit included. Here's a quick test I did using the Render Kit particles (no pre-meshing, Render Kit meshed during the renders).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=619674201377669&l=2013256400117593909

This was a quick test...by quick I mean I didn't worry too much about the lighting in Lightwave or Maxwell. I was more interested in how the Render Kit would work in both packages. Maxwell is using the base lighting, Lightwave just has a distant light, a water texture I made (with maybe too much reflectance), and radiosity turned on.

The Realflow simulation had about 1.5 million particles divided up between two emitters, took 30 some hours to simulate with just one computer. No nodes. It feels a little slower then RealFlow 2012, but I could be mistaken. I just got 2012 about a month and a half ago.

P.S. the Lightwave render is the first half, the Maxwell render the second half.

jasonwestmas
05-31-2013, 09:45 AM
nice. . .how long to render per frame with the GI lightwave verses maxwell?

Julez4001
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Jwiede is our hero.
Waiting for Realflow examples in the wind.

jhinrichs
05-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Just comparing the two renders they were about the same speed, but the Maxwell Render was set at about 1/2 of the base quality setting. It still has some graininess, but it does have caustics and such occurring naturally. Didn't include that with this Lightwave render.

Overall my impression is Lightwave is faster to actually render but set up is longer, where setting up the lighting to create effects like caustics or other natural effects is faster in Maxwell.

jwiede
06-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Jwiede is our hero.
Waiting for Realflow examples in the wind.
No posts here yet because not much output from LW RFRK to show here, even with the 1.1.0 LW RFRK beta I'm still getting loads of crashes on LW11.5 Mac. Particler might work, but Hybrido Mesh reliably crashes for me, and most of the stuff I have calculated is using Hybrido. Even using the first 2013 Hybrido demo scene (golf ball fly-through pool), I get the same problem. In what little time I can devote to this, I've been collecting up info and sending it off to NextLimit, hoping it helps find the problem. It IS a beta, after all.

I'm glad that jhinrichs is having better luck, I'm guessing either s/he's running Windows LW, or if using Mac LW has something key different in their LW config -- and if so (using Mac LW and thus RFRK), plz PM me jhinrichs, I'd like to try and pin down why yours isn't crashing.

jhinrichs
06-01-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm using Windows yeah. I'll send you a PM.

wellsichris
06-03-2013, 10:43 AM
ok guys silly question, I can't get anything to render. I can't find an RFRK_Mesher, all I can do is get the particler to show particles in the display but nothing will render,

so can anyone do a simple, walk though of here's the steps to actually see a mesh rendering? I can't find any documentation for LW and all the other documentation references a mesher that I can't find,

thanks

chikega
06-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Well, that's one leg up on MODO.

http://imgur.com/xF6w1uO.jpg

jhinrichs
06-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Once I got the 2013 upgrade stuff one of the emails I got was for the RFK installer. I had to download and install the License Manager. Then using a command line I had to install the license itself and start the License Manager . (I ended up creating a batch file to start the service since it doesn't appear to be stay and resident, apparently it needs to be started every time you restart the computer.

The renderkit itself is in the customer area on the Next Limit site. Downloaded that and installed it. It's a separate install from the normal Next Limit Lightwave plugins.

Once all that was done, you should be able to access another Master Plugin (via Utilities) called Next Limit RFRK Plug-in Manager. That plugin has 4 tabs for loading particles: Particler, RK Mesh, Hybrido Mesh, and Cloud.

I'm on Windows btw, but I think it's a similar process on Mac.

erikals
06-04-2013, 05:08 AM
even though old and 32bit only, you might wanna check out Ogo Hikari Caustics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bcHYUWo1UE

renders pretty fast... ($30)

wellsichris
06-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks Jhinrichs,
the rk mesh only being accessible through the master program is what was the missing link, Thanks for the help!

Chris

aplear45
06-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Morning all, I just purchased the Realflow 2013 Learning Edition as they had a 20% discount yesterday off the 99.00 so could not pass it up! My question is, Can someone that is familiar with the Realflow plugins and Renderkit for Lightwave 11.5 give me a rundown of where they are and how they work. So far Ive created a basic simulation in realflow and am trying to load it into Lightwave but not sure Im doing it right. I can get the simulation in Lightwave and can render the particles but it keeps giving me an "object not found" box but renders anyway. Also how do you get the mesh to render within lightwave. Thanks for any help or pointers!

Gregg "T.Rex"
06-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Morning all, I just purchased the Realflow 2013 Learning Edition as they had a 20% discount yesterday off the 99.00 so could not pass it up! My question is, Can someone that is familiar with the Realflow plugins and Renderkit for Lightwave 11.5 give me a rundown of where they are and how they work. So far Ive created a basic simulation in realflow and am trying to load it into Lightwave but not sure Im doing it right. I can get the simulation in Lightwave and can render the particles but it keeps giving me an "object not found" box but renders anyway. Also how do you get the mesh to render within lightwave. Thanks for any help or pointers!

Once you register your RenderKit license with Next Limit's License Manager, you can mesh/render bin/prt particles directly in LightWave.
Then, you fire up the Next Limit RFRK Plugin Manager 1.1.0, found inside the Master Plugins panel.

Notice, that if you don't register your license, you won't be able to mesh/render, although the plugin will fire up and work without problems.

This should get you started...

Cheers,
T.Rex

aplear45
06-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Yes I have gotten that far, the problem Im having is when I ad the RFRK manager in master plugins, then I add my .bin file it keeps giving me "cant find object file", I click ok and seems like everything loads, I can then press play and see the particles that were made in RF, when I hit f9 to render, it says "null objects are automatically saved with the scene" I cick ok and it renders, then once I hit ok on the render it pops up again "cant find object file", seems like Im not doing something right.

Gregg "T.Rex"
06-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Strange...
Haven't experience this so far...

Did you try to remove/delete all RF related plugin entries and then re-install?
Maybe a conflict with an older entry?
Are the .bin files coming from RF2013?
Did you try importing .rpc files instead?

aplear45
06-09-2013, 11:11 AM
well I tried removing plugins and then re adding, when I open up master plugin, im showing 2 RF entries, one is Next Limit Plug-in Manager v1.5.0, the second is, Next Limit RFRK Plug-in Manager v1.1.0. When I use the 1st one above and load the particle .bin, I do not get the objet load error, when I use the 2nd one listed I do get the object load error. I did download and install the RFRK and the LW connectivity plugins should I only be doing one of the above? What is the difference between the two?

Gregg "T.Rex"
06-09-2013, 11:41 AM
First one is to load particles or meshes and use Hypervoxels or native render respectively, to render them; the "old" way of doing things...
Second plugin entry, is the new RenderKit for LW plugin, where you can do all the "cool" new stuff, like meshing in Layout or render the particles directly as points etc.

One thing i haven't figured out yet and afraid is not "implemented" yet, is the ability to use the magnitudes the bin files have embedded by default, as vertex maps. They are there, but can't access them via surfacing. This breaks completely the "advanced" shading features you have on other apps, like Maya for example, or even C4D...

Now, did you try to delete your configs and let LW create new ones?
Maybe, the path where LW saves its temp objects is invalid?
Those RF master plugins do create such "temp" nulls as placeholders to load the bin files, then turned them to actual "temp" objects, once the bin file is loaded, in order to have surface properties. Check where those "temp" objects are saved...

aplear45
06-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Gregg you are a genius!! That did it! I deleted configs, reopened LW and seems like it all works now. I even have an entry in the surface editor for shading which I wasn't getting before. Thank you sooo much for your help and quick replies! It was driving me crazy! So you are saying that I do not need to load the LW connectivity plugins at all now? Just use the RFRK?

Gregg "T.Rex"
06-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Glad it worked...
It doesn't hurt to have both actually, but most of the times you'll be using the RenderKit for sure...

Gregg "T.Rex"
06-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I even have an entry in the surface editor for shading which I wasn't getting before.

BTW....
What entry might that be?

aplear45
06-09-2013, 04:10 PM
well before I deleted my configs, when I added the particle .bin nothing would show up in the surface editor, now when I load the .bin and hit f5, there is a surface there which I can change parameters on

Gregg "T.Rex"
06-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh, okay...
I see...
For a moment i thought there was some secret node that can handle magnitudes using RenderKit in LW, that i may be missing... :)

There is one actually. But only works with the "older" NL Manager and only when rendering partigons; useless...

Atm, RenderKit for LightWave need asap an option to convert magnitudes to Weight Maps, like it does with C4D, sort of...

aplear45
06-09-2013, 04:29 PM
also, is there a way to get the mesh to show up in viewport? I can get it to render with f9 but not show up in viewport, just particles

Gregg "T.Rex"
06-09-2013, 04:48 PM
To see the mesh in the viewport you have to use the RK Mesh or the Hybrido Mesh to import the particles.
Then in the Geometry tab, through the RK or Hybrido Mesh Display you can check the "Show Mesh" button, to see the mesh.
Level of Detail should be at 100, if you want to see the whole mesh at once, or you'll get holes and missing polys...

Notice, that depending on the meshing settings you have on the RealFlow RK or Hybrido mesh panel, this can take a while to calculate...

aplear45
06-09-2013, 07:26 PM
yeah level of detail made a big difference, thanks!

stevecullum
10-14-2013, 07:32 AM
I've just bought the Learning Edition of 2013. I'm having trouble rendering anything via the renderkit plugins though. Layout just hangs on F9. I am using 11.6 - wondering if that's the issue...anyone else tried and succeeded with 11.6?

EDIT: Tried with 11.5.1 and hangs also - must be doing something wrong :(

Steps :

Loaded simple bin sequence into RFRK mesher, I can see the particles in the viewport. Adjust camera and hit F9 - hang. Is there an extra step I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any help...

stevecullum
10-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Discovered it was the License Manager not installing things correctly - resolved now I ran as administrator

unstable
10-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Can anyone share whether this RealFlow learning edition license a one year license or a permanent license?

stevecullum
10-17-2013, 12:52 PM
It's indefinite :)

kfinla
10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Can anyone share whether this RealFlow learning edition license a one year license or a permanent license?

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/rf2013docs/RealFlow%27s+License+Models

Took some digging but it looks to be permanent :)

vector
01-15-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm losing buffers when re-opening a scene with any realflow mesh: the mesh appears unchecked at compositing buffer export or/and compositing buffer export "corrupted" because when replacing it I can render without problem

Any idea?