PDA

View Full Version : TurbulenceFD - did you buy it?

erikals
05-08-2013, 10:52 PM
hi,... just a poll to check where Turbulence for LightWave is at...

(please don't vote if you haven't paid for it just yet, thanks)

GraphXs
05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Only 19?... I sure hope more got in on the deal! So worth it! Support the plugin developers!

Megalodon2.0
05-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Yup.

Got it and voted.

jasonwestmas
05-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I think if Lightwave's FX and deformation tools get better in general I'll find more of a use to buy plugins like this. So I guess I'm neutral on the subject.

erikals
05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Only 19?... I sure hope more got in on the deal! So worth it! Support the plugin developers!

23 currently, i think it's pretty good though, it was hard in the beginning getting just 10 of us...
23x270= $6200...

true, i wish there were more, though a good thing i guess is that now he has more potential upgraders...

XswampyX
05-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I bought it. :D

erikals
05-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Wouaaay!!! :bowdown: :hey:

3DGFXStudios
05-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Nice to see a lot of people bought it in the user group purchase.
Turbulence is cool but has a lot of stability problems, it just feels not ready yet. For example it doesn't work with LW fog. (The are working on a workaround for that.)
HDR lighting isn't working. You can light your scene with fire but you can't light your smoke with an hdri image. etc No detailed manual....
But still a cool plugin ;) !!! I use it a lot.

unstable
05-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I noticed one of the stability problems is that it leaves the fluid container in memory when you clear a scene. So if you clear a scene and load or create another scene with a fluid container you end up with two or more fluid containers. The only way I have found to overcome this is to close layout whenever I want to do a new TFD scene. Just thought I'd provide this as info since I voted.

antsj
05-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Count me in as picking it up in the group buy. I hope the extra $ he picked up may hep him spend some time on responding to comments that have been made, request and stability. The group buy was a great deal and I hope the 30 or so new owners can support his plug in & development to interest more purchases.

Looking forward to building up funds to get a GTX 590/690 or Titan (long shot but fingers crossed) to make most use of GPU features!

aj

Phil
05-13-2013, 07:43 AM
That's actually rather depressing, to me at least, and indicates the limited size of the plugin market for LW. Given how vocal the call for fluid systems in LW has been, 43 licenses (disclosed) is surprising. I really hope there's a vast and silent majority of users out there.

JamesCurtis
05-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Will be picking it up at the group price, but have to wait until near the end of the month for a client check to pay for it. Did not vote though since the poll specifically asked for only those who purchased.

jasonwestmas
05-13-2013, 08:16 AM
That's actually rather depressing, to me at least, and indicates the limited size of the plugin market for LW. Given how vocal the call for fluid systems in LW has been, 43 licenses (disclosed) is surprising. I really hope there's a vast and silent majority of users out there.

hehe, I doubt normal people read forums as frequently as we do. ;)

erikals
05-14-2013, 09:24 AM
define "normal"... :yoda:

Igu4n4
05-15-2013, 06:16 PM
I completely missed that there was a "group" price. What was it, and where is the option for it?

st3.

OlaHaldor
05-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Wasn't the group pricing time limited?

I purchased in November or December last year, long before any group pricing was discussed. I've had a ton of fun, though not used it for anything yet. Just learning in between the projects.

Igu4n4
05-16-2013, 10:15 AM
ahh,.. it sounded like a more recent promotion. I was out of the loop! ... shame.

st3.

jasonwestmas
05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
define "normal"... :yoda:

The Boring. ;)

erikals
05-16-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.bodomfk.no/portal/Smileys/default/yoda1.gif "...right you are..!"

djlithium
09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Hey guys.
For those of you still trying to make heads or tails of the TFD plug-in I have continued on with the Introduction to TFD series with Advanced Concepts and projects: Fireball available here at http://www.liberty3d.com/2013/09/tfd-advanced-projects-and-concepts-fireball/
There will be several installments in this series and releasing very shortly.
I decided to break up the videos into smaller bit sized chunks showing different types of effects instead of a huge video running hours and hours on end.
This way you can get in, get out and get results quickly.

For those of you who just got TFD and are freaked out please check out this product here http://www.liberty3d.com/2013/05/5519/

If you have any questions, hit me up on skype ( djlithium ) or emeowl me.
[email protected] liberty3d.com

JohnMarchant
09-17-2013, 10:47 AM
ahh,.. it sounded like a more recent promotion. I was out of the loop! ... shame.

st3.

Maybe we should see if they are prepared to do another group buy

planarsurface
10-14-2013, 04:32 AM
Maybe we should see if they are prepared to do another group buy

I am!

kfinla
10-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I hope there is another update to the LW version, and another group buy, the plugin is cool but not cheap.. Did particle advection every get into the LW version? I have been waiting hoping particle advection would show up, itsa pretty important feature. It seems the C4D version is pretty far ahead of the LW version. Unless he is able to migrate code over, and just chooses to trail blaze with the C4d version.

realgray
10-20-2013, 12:56 AM
I hope there is another update to the LW version, and another group buy, the plugin is cool but not cheap.. Did particle advection every get into the LW version? I have been waiting hoping particle advection would show up, itsa pretty important feature. It seems the C4D version is pretty far ahead of the LW version. Unless he is able to migrate code over, and just chooses to trail blaze with the C4d version.

This is the reason i've never bought in. It seems the LW version isn't getting updated like the C4D one. No new news in a very long time as far as i've been able to tell.

pinkmouse
10-20-2013, 03:49 AM
I looked at this a couple of months ago when I had a little spare cash. Unfortunately the first three things I tried in the demo resulted in crashes, (admittedly at least one was due to the Mac Nvidia drivers) , so I decided not to purchase. I can see that one day this could be a wonderful asset if development continues, but at the moment, with limited documentation, no tutorial assets, and frankly, beta level s/w, $400 is just too rich for me.

JamesCurtis
10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Hopefully they are just waiting for the release of 11.6!:)

Tranimatronic
10-21-2013, 12:53 AM
I missed the group buy thing, but am very interested if there were to be another.....

inkpen3d
10-21-2013, 04:20 AM
If/when TFD incorporates fluid simulation, then I might consider purchasing it. As it stands, I don't have much use for simulating fire/smoke in my line of work. On the few occasions that I do need to simulate, for example, water flowing in channels, etc., performing the fluid simulation in Blender and importing the dynamics into LW is a viable, if slightly arduous, route.