PDA

View Full Version : Animation Store Start and End Points?

Ben Freedman
05-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Howdy...

I'd like to build a 3-second transition in the animation store creator... Everything is great, except that with the 'cut' in the middle, I get a 1.5 audio fade into the transition, and a 1.5 second audio transition out of it...

What I really want is around .5 second fade into the transition, then the next 2-seconds of the transition, and then finally a .5 audio fade into the new clip. That way, I'm not losing 1.5 seconds of each clip on both sides....

Does that make sense? And is there any way to do this?

Best,

Ben

Benjamin Freedman
PrimeImage Media
480-399-0000 - direct
480-240-9270 - office
866-549-6051 - fax
[email protected]
www.PrimeImageMedia.com

SBowie
05-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think the transitions themselves have any embedded audio fades. This must be courtesy of the general crossover during a transition - but I don't think it is supposed to be that long. I've sort of forgotten the design duration, but it strikes me it was something like 8 frames.

Ben Freedman
05-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I think the fade is as long as the Animation store. If you made one that was 10 seconds, you'd get a 10s audio fade. Or perhaps it's a cut that just happens wherever you set the 'cut' point in the store creator. But to try to make my point a little clearer....

Imaging you made a 20s animation store. When you hit the button, you'll get another 10s of your current audio, and it'll also eat up the first 10s of the new video...

What I really want is for it to only use .5 second on each side, but I don't think that's possible....

B.

SBowie
05-05-2013, 08:07 PM
I understand what you're saying. What I'm saying is that I do not believe this is inherent to the design of AS transitions.

There is a short automatic audio crossfade in any transition. I would not expect that to affect the embedded audio of an AS transition. It may be doing so, but that would not be by design as far as I know. And the background (PGM/PVW) audio should not be subjected to an overly long ramp up/down, either.

Ben Freedman
05-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Hi, Steve...

I'm not speaking about the 'embedded audio' of the AS transition at all... Just the underlying video. There's actually no ramp-up/down of the underlying audio. it appears to crossfade quickly at the middle of the AS, but if the AS is quite long, that means the background audio is playing at the same time as the AS audio, which is quite disconcerting.

Best,

Ben

SBowie
05-06-2013, 05:24 AM
This might be tricky. There is, actually, a short crossfade of outgoing an incoming audio in all transitions, as I've stated. If memory serves, it's something like 8 frames, effectively a 'soft cut'. It was longer at one time, but was reduced by popular request. I can see the case for doing something different for an AS transition, since one presumably wants the embedded audio to trump all else.

So to answer your original question, then, no - there's no way to do this at present. I suppose with an 8000 you might work something out with Macros, but ASC does not have any bearing on this. It would take a different method of handling audio during AS transitions in the main TriCaster software. This could probably be posted as a feature request.