PDA

View Full Version : New Session from template or Clone Session

tommywilde
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I'd like the ability to have session templates, the ability to alter my primary template, or the ability to clone a session.

Each time I make a new session, I have to change my camera inputs to 1080-component, and do this, do that. I'd prefer not to have to do that! :)

Thanks

PIZAZZ
05-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Agreed

You can do it now by backing up the session and restoring it then renaming it.

A clone button would be awesome though.

JonRaidel
05-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Id love to go further in this and just 'LOAD' presets for your different settings. ex. External/Internal Audio settings, Wipes, Cameras, Virtual Inputs/ MEs. In the session just be able to load up preset files in a 'batch' function. you can do this with presets now, one at a time....zzzzzzzz. they got it half right i guess though!

digiview
05-06-2013, 04:06 AM
I agree with JonRaidel that would be great.

PIZAZZ
05-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Id love to go further in this and just 'LOAD' presets for your different settings. ex. External/Internal Audio settings, Wipes, Cameras, Virtual Inputs/ MEs. In the session just be able to load up preset files in a 'batch' function. you can do this with presets now, one at a time....zzzzzzzz. they got it half right i guess though!

Agreed.

SBowie
05-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Fwiw, I've been banging that drum for a couple of years - that is, the 'load a session without exiting the live desktop drum' - but it's more complex than it sounds. (Just for one thing, changing sessions may well have to reinitialize the hardware.)

Re: the lesser matter, I've drawn up and edited designs for it so many times I could paper my office with them. Someday ... maybe even soon, I hope. :)

JonRaidel
05-06-2013, 10:38 PM
just think of loading your 'show' off a usb drive. Audio presets, wipes, fade rates, M/Es......Macros..... :)

bryanharley
06-18-2013, 12:27 AM
I made a similar request here: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133295-Default-session-settings.

I'm open to any solution that makes it easier to "load", "clone" or set "default" session settings!