PDA

View Full Version : Home irrigation animation done in LW

richardk70
05-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Hey fellow LW'ers.
In the last couple of months I created a 4-minute animation demonstrating how a home irrigation system works. While I am done with this one, I would certainly appreciate feedback so the next animation (golf course irrigation!!!) is better. All 3D assets were created and rendered in LW.
Thank you.
Richard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqSvKlEZzk0&list=PL9994FF533B4ABC5A&index=1

Disclaimer: I work for Toro irrigation (if that wasn't obvious enough).

nickdigital
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM
That was cool. The audio levels seem to shift around. But not sure if that's because I watched it on my phone. It also looks like there was some shadow flickering. But again, hard to say that's video compression.

Overall all, well done.

richardk70
05-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks Nick. There is an audio level issue which I was not able to resolve. One recording session, audio levels were good, a second time, all the same settings (so I could tell), the audio level was quite muted. I tried to compensate in AE...
Anyway, there is also shadow flickering. How does one deal with that? I am lighting with an area light, a light-grey background, and using Monte Carlo. Higher number of rays? Move the area light closer?
Thank you so much.
Richard

LW_Will
05-02-2013, 12:13 PM
For exterior lights, I usually use a single dome light with an internal width of 1.5%. That is exactly the width of the sun in the sky. The simulation works beautifully. I will also use distant lights to simulate bounce cards.