PDA

View Full Version : How usable is motion-mixer in 11.5 ?

blackmondy
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Been away from LW for a while and trying to pick up again. I've been fascinated with motion-mixer but weirdly I don't hear much about it on this forum except for it's bugginess.

Any input is appreciated :)

Greenlaw
04-30-2013, 04:11 PM
We used it quite a lot way back when we made those Call of Duty cinematic commercials and the Quaker State oil horses. It worked great at the time and saved us tons of work--it's amazing how much variation you can generate from mixing just a few mocap clips. I use Motion Builder now so I haven't tried Motion Mixer in 11.x--I think the last time I used it was in 9.6 or so--but I don't think it's broken.

G.

vector
05-01-2013, 04:58 AM
Greenlaw, is possible to see those cinematics online? It would be nice

Greenlaw
05-01-2013, 08:53 AM
On my demo reel, there's a brief clip from each of the three cinematic commercials we created in the Box at Rhythm--link is below in my signature and the clips are near the beginning.

I'll see if the commercials have been posted in entirety somewhere and post links. I think the third one (the one that starts in the church) was never released publicly, which is a shame because it might have been the best one.

I recall the first two got banned in the U.K. because there were complaints that the game didn't actually look like these commercials. Well duh! :p

G.

robpowers3d
05-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Motion capture is certainly an area that is important to us as well as retargeting motion. If you haven't seen the technology preview that we did with the Kinect motion via our Virtual Studio Tools at NAB check it out here: http://waskul.tv/portfolio/nab-show-2013rob-powers-demonstrates-new-motion-capture-in-robot-demo/