PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime VR Help

Sean Martin
04-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Need some help with QTVR output

I've been following this tutorial, http://www.creativemac.com/HTM/58Seconds/2000/06_00/lightwavequicktimevr/lightwavequicktimevr-page1.htm

and I've got everything working, the only thing is that when you view the final QTVR it shows the top of the object in the initial view and I need to show the front of the object.
I've tried everything to get it to work but my small brain just can't figure it out.

In this example I've attached you can see the red surface is the top of the pack which is displayed when opening the final QTVR file, I need the green surface the front of the pack to be visible when opening the QTVR.

One solution is to render out frames and use a QTVR editor such as http://gardengnomesoftware.com/object2vr.php to customise the views. Just thought I would ask before I spend 210 on buying software.
Does anyone have experience with QTVR's?

nickdigital
04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
You've tried just rotating the object 90 degrees or your camera setup?

Sean Martin
04-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Rotating the object puts it in the wrong position for viewing, as do most of the camera rotations. I think I'm going to have to go with buying the additional software.

Thanks for the reply

eKalb
04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Yes, it looks like your first frame is of the top view according to the tutorial. I'm not familiar with creating these files, but it seems you could adjust the order of the frames to get the desired result.

nickdigital
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Does this do what you want?

Sean Martin
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Nickdigital, thanks for looking into this. I've just done a render from your file. Unfortunately I need to be able to rotate the pack 360 on all sides, your solution does not let me look at the bottom of the pack and ideally I need to be able to see each face in isolation at one point in the animation. I opened up the graph editor to see if I could what you did, but my brain froze.

Just checked your sene again and in the camera view it seems to display all of the necessary frames, however the final OT output does not.
its getting late here in the UK, So 'll try and have another fiddle tomorrow. thanks for your help.

nickdigital
04-30-2013, 03:04 PM
I think you just need to increase the number of frames that get rendered. I usually render out 1600 frames for the qtvrs that I make based on 40 frame intervals.