PDA

View Full Version : Augmentet reality,Google glass technology-Good or Bad

prometheus
04-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Indeed it is a tempting technology and might be very cool sometimes, but letīs think about this a bit.

Isnīt it a very huge risc that wearing these google glasses will increase accidents around us, due to the way your eye and attention might shift focus from the environment youre in.
as of today I constantly shake my head over how dangerous and careless people are using cellphones, they walk with them and looks at some stuff, not noticing people running in to them, and
of course the worst...car drivers not keeping attention on the road ahead but fiddling with the cellphone.

Then we have the integrity issue, not knowing who is recording who without allowance etc, with cellphones or cameras you could get an idea and step away, or stop the person sort of.
where does the line go?

what do you think?

Michael

shrox
04-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Bad.
Stupid.
Physically damaging.

prometheus
04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Safe environments?

Google-Loo, just donīt send pictures from your personal doings there.

Google-Mars, A one way ticket wonīt hurt anyone else.

Google-Nature, finally people will believe you when you say you saw bigfoot..and then it is safe to say your not insane.

Google-bed, watch your favourite boring series and fall a sleep quickly and youré fresh in the morning, or if bed is used for something else, use google glasses for instructions when doing
whatever you do.....but remember be safe.

jwiede
04-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Googylum: Where they put you once you've fully tuned out and spend all time paying attention solely to what googgles feed you.

Goograve: Where you wind up after walking off bridges, driving into walls, etc. because you were watching googgles when you shouldn't have been.

Googgles: Because every surface in reality isn't quite covered in advertisements yet. I'm sure they have something tasteful planned for the face of HalfDome, really.

:foreheads

jwiede
04-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Oh just imagine the potential:

Birth control ads on your partner's midriff if nudity detected.
Laxative ads over empty toilet bowls.
DirectTV ads over every TV screen.

Yeah, this idea has "next great thing" written ALL over it (and everything else).

shrox
04-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Googlteen - idiot kids wearing those things.

ShadowMystic
04-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Sadly, my first thoughts of the Google Glasses are military, emergency services, ect applications. I have no instances where I can personally imagine using these. Though, I saw a parody video that gives me hope of video game applications, but Occulus Rift is covering that.

prometheus
04-28-2013, 03:24 AM
Google glasses...good or bad will be determined by how and when we choose to use them.
Maybe a HUD display for shortcuts when using lightwave, just say what you want and find it in the display, or maybe a help system.
Actually I think I rather prefer a voice recognition system so when I say divide or tweak, the tool is activated:) might be faster for some tools you end up looking for
and having to read from the menus anyway.

Using Google glasses when out in the nature to see a good topomap or images of interesting places could be great, or standing still at some street looking for a toilet or café.
But walking out off a cliff or in front of a car isnīt my idea of fun.

The glasses might be best of labeled with warnings, do not move while using these glasses, and beware of your surroundings.

hrgiger
04-28-2013, 01:22 PM
I think more people will walk into traffic when they're focused on a conversation they're having with the google glass.

So I'm all for them.

shrox
04-28-2013, 01:51 PM
In the bathroom they become Oogle Glasses...

sami
04-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Take pictures by blinking.

If it takes off (a'la iPhone) it will be the worlds largest security camera system owned by a corp and it will be made of meat. meat that walks around for you. lol.

JonW
04-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh just imagine the potential:

Birth control ads on your partner's midriff if nudity detected.
Laxative ads over empty toilet bowls.
DirectTV ads over every TV screen.

Yeah, this idea has "next great thing" written ALL over it (and everything else).

We sometime use the other's glass usually by accident. I can see the potential for embarrassing (or life threatening) situations if the other half uses one's glasses!

I leave the mobile phone at home so I get a break from all this crap! I don't need another tedious life sucking gadget!

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 03:55 AM
It's all getting a bit too Minority Report for me. We are already bombarded on a daily basis with adverts, tailored marketing, and now you'll be wearing glasses that can project geographically tailored images and/or sequences. Cookies for glasses! It will mean no one will talk to one another, as we will all be in a zombie-like trance as we walk down the high street, checking our emails, facebook pages, NT forum pages and talking (possibly even viewing) all our 'friends' about what Tracey did with the boss last night.

Worrying!

wrightyp100
04-29-2013, 04:53 AM
You know Catholics burned scientists when they favoured the decimal system to numerals? Bring on Google glass and lets see what happens with it.

probiner
04-29-2013, 05:05 AM
No one's talking about burning anyone. Just the glasses :D

geo_n
04-29-2013, 06:02 AM
Good.
I want one.

prometheus
04-29-2013, 07:05 AM
It's all getting a bit too Minority Report for me. We are already bombarded on a daily basis with adverts, tailored marketing, and now you'll be wearing glasses that can project geographically tailored images and/or sequences. Cookies for glasses! It will mean no one will talk to one another, as we will all be in a zombie-like trance as we walk down the high street, checking our emails, facebook pages, NT forum pages and talking (possibly even viewing) all our 'friends' about what Tracey did with the boss last night.

Worrying!

Yeah...the cool thing though in minority report excepth the adds and surveillance, it was the ability to flip through a timeline (even though that was futuristic fantasy in a future timeline)
Might be usuful going back and see what happened a certain day, sort of lika a diary with a complete film of everything that happened, if it could wothe same time
it could be used to solve crime..help solve problems generally.rk on a smooth and fast
tagged criteria so you simple ask for give me the date 30 days ago..specify closer to clock dates etc, now this would inevitable inflict on others privacy, at

Surveillance in the public of today are for good and bad inflicting our privacy more and more, and future technology can be baked in..undetected in clothes,glasses or maybe even surgically in to ourselfs.
I dont think there will be anything stopping anyone from recording anything they want, rules might be set in laws about what we can film and where when, but I donīt think such laws will effectivly stop that.

I am in conflict with myself about commercials, I hate to watch them ..unless very funny...Im soo tired of getting fed by it every 15 minutes in commercials, on the web..especially now with all ads in youtube, it
actually affects my interest of watching youtube overall to a degree of decreased viewing.
But Im also aware that it is needed to a certain extent.
Thing is with the amount of commercials ...it sucks up your time just too much, I think I can deal with the desire to purchase most things, sort of..but sure some things will affect me unconsiously.

To much of information of the wrong type is reaching my privacy, and most likely a lot of people around the world.
The problem is that everyone should have a good way to filter what information they want and when they want them.

Sure ...getting instant reply message from this forums when you have an issue would be nice, but with that will follow absolutly rubbish(sorry guys) when
you get replies on not so important threads.:)
Youīd have to be carefull and mark every thread with an importance level tag I guess.

Maybe I should pay for a Daz studio version..to get rid of the amount of commercial adds I have to check in my mail, maybe I could correct that somehow?

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Yeah...the cool thing in minority report was the ability to flip through a timeline (even though that was futuristic fantasy in a future timeline)
Might be usuful going back and see what happened a certain day, sort of lika a diary with a complete film of everything that happened, if it could work on a smooth and fast
tagged criteria so you simple ask for give me the date 30 days ago..specify closer to clock dates etc, now this would inevitable inflict on others privacy, at the same time
it could be used to solve crime..help solve problems generally.

Surveillance in the public of today are for good and bad inflicting our privacy more and more, and future technology can be baked in..undetected in clothes,glasses or maybe even surgically in to ourselfs.
I dont think there will be anything stopping anyone from recording anything they want, rules might be set in laws about what we can film and where when, but I donīt think such laws will effectivly stop that.

I am in conflict with myself about commercials, I hate to watch them ..unless very funny...Im soo tired of getting fed by it every 15 minutes in commercials, on the web..especially now with all ads in youtube, it
actually affects my interest of watching youtube overall to a degree of decreased viewing.
But Im also aware that it is needed to a certain extent.
Thing is with the amount of commercials ...it sucks up your time just too much, I think I can deal with the desire to purchase most things, sort of..but sure some things will affect me unconsiously.

To much of information of the wrong type is reaching my privacy, and most likely a lot of people around the world.
The problem is that everyone should have a good way to filter what information they want and when they want them.

Sure ...getting instant reply message from this forums when you have an issue would be nice, but with that will follow absolutly rubbish(sorry guys) when
you get replies on not so important threads.:)
Youīd have to be carefull and mark every thread with an importance level tag I guess.

It's weird, because I'm now all for the big brother side of it... if you're not doing anything wrong, then why worry attitude. But I agree and worry about the whole 'it would give people the ability to record what they want, when they want and be less noticeably' side of it, and like you say, new laws would only go so far.

I do like the idea of having your own visual diary, to pick up on the things you missed, but image the storage required for years and years of constant footage.

Re. adverts - I use to be able to remember what adverts were on TV because I found them interesting, funny and appealing. But with this new age of information being constantly thrown at you through different media, if find the overload stops the enjoyment and ultimately the ad is forgotten. Youtube is a great example, I understand the need for revenue, and you do have the ability to skip (if only after 5 secs) but it still detracts from the reason you first came to the site, to look at a video of your choosing!

So, how long will it be before there is a court case against Google (or someone similar) whereby the defendant was seriously hurt in a traffic accident because they were 'interrupted' with an advert whilst walking down the street.

geo_n
04-29-2013, 07:54 AM
if you're not doing anything wrong, then why worry attitude.

Exactly. There are still privacy laws in place to protect the people and they will be updated to keep with the times. There's camera's everywhere and its no problem and it keeps people civilized.
I would worry more about private citizens owning guns. Hope there's no one from the NRA here :D

sami
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM

prometheus
04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Guys...I donīt think it is surveillance cams that should govern how we behave, Laws arenīt perfect and is different in different countries and in u.s very different even in states which confuses me(sorry about that)
more and more and slowly..or should I say fast..the big brother approach are accepted foremost by government to try and civilize their people, I personally think it is the wrong way to go and the ultimate failour when a society canīt raise their inhabitants or canīt integrate immigrants in itīs country values.

That said ..I wouldnīt abandon it completly...but generally speaking it is the wrong way to go...just as much as putting a band aid over a wound..and say, the wound isnīt their any more.
I probably have very controversial oppinion about this, at least I hear people around me having a completly different point of view than mine, so be it.
Laws arenīt perfect ..and we donīt have any universal one that is perfect that can govern all the worlds countries, we have different systems and over here we might even say ...some of other countries would
be brutal or in fact criminal...that is due to the nature of not having a universal perfect law.
if common sense could rule..why doesnīt it?

I think I might hide my above comments under the alford plea, I said it, but again ..for the record to avoid conflicts, I did not.
Nope...I think there must be a limit for how far the big brother state watches us....some privacy is needed, otherwise throw me in jail.
might stop talking further in to this since it so easy goes political..which isnīt following the forum rules...beware, newtek moderators are watching:)

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 09:23 AM
I really prefer to never talk about anything other than LW or vfx related stuff on here, but I feel compelled to post this link in regards to your statement. Though, sadly, I suspect these days it will receive nothing more than a "meh." from most people.

http://blog.tech-and-law.com/2009/12/got-nothing-to-hide-rebutted-summary-of.html

No 'meh' here mate and a very interesting link. What I'm trying to say (without trolling, going off topic or breaking site rules) is that we know from recent events that there are those amongst us who seek to harm people within our society. Now, if such technology had allowed for the intervention of such horrible acts, then that is something I have no problem with. But, and as your link points out, it's where, when and what information should and should not be allowed to be collected and I suppose my 'I'm now all for the big brother side of it' statement covers too many areas of data collection and allows for an element of abuse.

So, hypothetically... when these glasses are as mainstream as mobile phones, if a law is passed to say that a government can, without my consent, collate and review my daily video stream, or live stream for the purpose and only for the purpose to stop an immediate threat to society or to prevent crime, or be used as evidence to convict someone of a crime, then I'm all for that, as long as they were streams when I was in the public domain, I certainly wouldn't want them accessing my personal video streams when I'm in my own home, that's not because I'm doing anything wrong, but there may be personal things I don't want them to see (e.g. my wife walks past naked from the shower whilst I'm watching a Youtube video on my glasses).

But how would this be policed. How can they put in place boundaries that say 'ok, he's in the public domain, we can use his stream... oh no, wait, he just went into his parents house, stop recording'.

So whereas I would say no to the point 19 in the paper, I would welcome the opportunity to cast my vote to a law similar to the one I gave in my opening sentence.

prometheus
04-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Exactly. There are still privacy laws in place to protect the people and they will be updated to keep with the times. There's camera's everywhere and its no problem and it keeps people civilized.
I would worry more about private citizens owning guns. Hope there's no one from the NRA here :D

Indeed..I can agree with you about the gun part, now...all datatransactions might have go through a censorship before downloading, there is a site providing cad formats for guns, which imposes that everyone soon might be able just to print their own weapons.
That said..I wouldnīt want what I mentioned about a complete internet surveillance system censoring and checking all mails or downloads to stop that...I rather see other approaches to deal with that.

prometheus
04-29-2013, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE
But how would this be policed. How can they put in place boundaries that say 'ok, he's in the public domain, we can use his stream... oh no, wait, he just went into his parents house, stop recording'.

[/QUOTE]

Thereīs no way we can have both..a system controlling such will inflict on privacy unfortunatly, best would be to have people not doing bad things Ay..but that isnīt easy, ergo the urge for more control.
I think therés still time and a possibility to go back to the roots of dealing with how we behave rather than the excessed survaillance control, but unfortunatly I donīt think we can see results or predict how well it could work for several generations...it is a problem indeed.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Thereīs no way we can have both..a system controlling such will inflict on privacy unfortunatly, best would be to have people not doing bad things Ay..but that isnīt easy, ergo the urge for more control.
I think therés still time and a possibility to go back to the roots of dealing with how we behave rather than the excessed survaillance control, but unfortunatly I donīt think we can see results or predict how well it could work for several generations...it is a problem indeed.

It certainly is a big problem and I would love to go into great detail on why society/communities/people will never look at the root of behavioural issues and amend their ways, but I don't want to derail this thread any further.

shrox
04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
I want a Google Glass jammer.

http://readwrite.com/2013/04/04/google-glass-is-there-any-way-to-jam-it

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I want a Google Glass jammer.

That's it, it's official Shrox has got something to hide, lol!

prometheus
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
It certainly is a big problem and I would love to go into great detail on why society/communities/people will never look at the root of behavioural issues and amend their ways, but I don't want to derail this thread any further.

yes indeed, no perfect solution there is, and neither is newtek forums the place to really discuss it, it is hard thou since politics merges with most things related to humanity, I wonder how many threads
sneaks off from one topic to other more political ones.

Back to technology side of the google glasses, I wonder how it will strain on the eyes, if it will cause head aches etc.

- - - Updated - - -

yepp.I know, I think he is doing some secret campaigns about something called..hypervoxels fix it!
But for gods sake donīt talk about it to much and let Newtek find out about it.
:)

Michael

shrox
04-29-2013, 09:49 AM

I guess working on something at the local coffee house is over now...time to release my EMP generator that uses Slinkys and dry ice.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 09:58 AM
yes indeed, no perfect solution there is, and neither is newtek forums the place to really discuss it, it is hard thou since politics merges with most things related to humanity, I wonder how many threads
sneaks off from one topic to other more political ones.

Yep, really difficult nowadays to discuss things unrelated to the dedicated topic of a forum, without getting into politics. It's a shame, because it's been really good to have a open discussion without being told 'you're wrong' and insight into others' views. But yes, let's get back to g-glasses.

Back to technology side of the google glasses, I wonder how it will strain on the eyes, if it will cause head aches etc.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about this when I walked to school to pick my kids up. I have on my prescription glasses and was trying to focus on the inner frame, whilst walking. It was damn near impossible. It made me feel very disorientated and I couldn't see how it would be possible to focus on something so close to my eyes

yepp.I know, I think he is doing some secret campaigns about something called..hypervoxels fix it!
But for gods sake donīt talk about it to much and let Newtek find out about it.
:)

Michael

Lol, you devil you!

I guess working on something at the local coffee house is over now...time to release my EMP generator that uses Slinkys and dry ice.

Lol. Bet you have a bunker don't you?

prometheus
04-29-2013, 10:02 AM
ohh crap! I just have to give an example...

domestic violence, abuse in home area, aint that a very high rate of crime in such cases, parents beating and abusing kids, or partner getting killed, so why not install surveillance cams in our homes, why worry
if you aint got nothing to hide, the tapes are only acessed if crime occours, and covering the surveillance cams means breaking the laws too.

Nope...I wouldnīt want that either...would you? you might think that it by law should be a parenting program and as such a preventing action to deal with that issue, now
making sure all families could have a good economy, that might help too you know, but thatīaint how it works today is it with unemployments everyhere unfortunatly...thereīs so many
bad factors that can take root in ourself and for some it manifest itself by unwanted behaviours.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Damn it. I step out of the office for 5 mins and you drop that bombshell. Back in 15 to respond properly.

prometheus
04-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Pre-crime..pre-crime...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWL3Uw7872s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7JUUv2T4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRTzzozQ7k

sami
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Funnily enough, I was thinking about this when I walked to school to pick my kids up. I have on my prescription glasses and was trying to focus on the inner frame, whilst walking. It was damn near impossible. It made me feel very disorientated and I couldn't see how it would be possible to focus on something so close to my eyes

sorry if I've accidentally derailed this thread enough, but to answer your concern, perhaps the Google glasses might get a software diopter at some point if people need that kind of thing?
http://scottwyden.com/what-the-camera-diopter-is-and-why-use-it/

Bill Carey
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Does this thing have a light that let's people know it's recording? One or two generations down the road you won't be able to tell them from regular glasses, seems like a light would be mandatory from the start.

prometheus
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I Have to apologize for some miss spelling on some words, I am innocent mostly, but my laptop keyboard doesnīt respond as good as my desktop keyboard does, ergo missing some letters here and there sometimes.
I didnīt have any googlecorrection-glasses on me to correct me or the feedback from the laptop.

prometheus
04-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Does this thing have a light that let's people know it's recording? One or two generations down the road you won't be able to tell them from regular glasses, seems like a light would be mandatory from the start.

I would disable or cover that function on the beach, Oh...Im proving myself all wrong, and that may be the case why we should have a pre-crime big brother scanner stopping me from this crime:)

On the other side of the fence ...I really wouldnīt like to have people filming me just in a shopping mall or in the subway etc...weird.

shrox
04-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Maybe a simple GoogleMask would sell well.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
sorry if I've accidentally derailed this thread enough, but to answer your concern, perhaps the Google glasses might get a software diopter at some point if people need that kind of thing?
http://scottwyden.com/what-the-camera-diopter-is-and-why-use-it/

I don't think it matters now mate, as Prometheus has just re-opened the debate and seen as it's his thread, I think that negates the 'thread off topic derailing' bit.

Thanks for the link, interesting. So this tech could be used to sort out the issue of focus for google glasses' users with different eyesights. I'm would really like to have a play now with the glasses, just to see how clear they are at close range and whether or not this causes any eye strain or imbalance.

ohh crap! I just have to give an example...

domestic violence, abuse in home area, aint that a very high rate of crime in such cases, parents beating and abusing kids, or partner getting killed, so why not install surveillance cams in our homes, why worry if you aint got nothing to hide, the tapes are only accessed if crime occurs, and covering the surveillance cams means breaking the laws too.

Nope...I wouldnīt want that either...would you? you might think that it by law should be a parenting program and as such a preventing action to deal with that issue, now making sure all families could have a good economy, that might help too you know, but thatīaint how it works today is it with unemployments everyhere unfortunatly...thereīs so many bad factors that can take root in ourself and for some it manifest itself by unwanted behaviours.

Wow, hit the nail on the head example there Michael.

Basically it's impossible. We're never going to allow big brother in our homes for the promise of a completely safe and law abiding society. And you can't bring in such laws based on the argument that because there is a small minority of people who cannot behave lawfully in their own home, a government should have the power to police you 24/7. There have been a couple of local incidents in our news recently, whereby fathers (I use the word loosely) have killed their children because of alcohol or drug fuelled rages (one was because his football team lost and cost him money on a bet - you couldn't make this up could you). It makes my blood boil, it really does. But would having 24/7 surveillance have stopped these horrendous crimes, probably not.

Which brings us back to the whole 'it needs to be addressed at root level'. I can tell you it's never going to happen. I'll give you a quick example: There is a family who are on benefits. They have 7 children. Pretty much everything is paid for by the state and that has become a life choice. The oldest child has now become pregnant and is expecting a child. She will be offered free housing and similar benefits. So the 'choice' goes on and on, because that is what they have become accustomed too. It is the same sort of physiological mapping that occurs in abused children, they often continue the cycle of abuse in later life. What I'm trying to say is,that to get to the root you have to go to the children, but to go to the children you have to involve the parents. If the parents don't give a suger honey ice tea, then what chance the children.

A parenting program, that's an interesting idea. Myself and my sister are both adopted children. The red tape and legalities my parents had to go through just to be allowed to adopt us was mind boggling. If only these rules and regulations could be put in place when partners are thinking about having children... what a difference that would make, or would it? It's not unlawful to have children, well not in this country anyway, so removing that freedom would have bad consequences.

Freedom and privacy - both dangerous things for governments to try and 'police'.

Ricky.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Maybe a simple GoogleMask would sell well.

I sense a marketing opportunity:

shrox
04-29-2013, 11:33 AM
I sense a marketing opportunity:

OK, you cover the UK, I'll cover the USA.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 11:36 AM
OK, you cover the UK, I'll cover the USA.

Is that 50/50 profits or based on geographical coverage. 90/10?

shrox
04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Is that 50/50 profits or based on geographical coverage. 90/10?

Per face blocked.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Per face blocked.

And how are we going to evidence this... we need some sort of surveillance system that can continuously track and count people, whether in public or their own homes.... oh, whoops.

shrox
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
And how are we going to evidence this... we need some sort of surveillance system that can continuously track and count people, whether in public or their own homes.... oh, whoops.

Maybe a series of large bonfires on high mountain tops would work.

prometheus
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't think it matters now mate, as Prometheus has just re-opened the debate and seen as it's his thread, I think that negates the 'thread off topic derailing' bit.

Thanks for the link, interesting. So this tech could be used to sort out the issue of focus for google glasses' users with different eyesights. I'm would really like to have a play now with the glasses, just to see how clear they are at close range and whether or not this causes any eye strain or imbalance.

Wow, hit the nail on the head example there Michael.

Basically it's impossible. We're never going to allow big brother in our homes for the promise of a completely safe and law abiding society. And you can't bring in such laws based on the argument that because there is a small minority of people who cannot behave lawfully in their own home, a government should have the power to police you 24/7. There have been a couple of local incidents in our news recently, whereby fathers (I use the word loosely) have killed their children because of alcohol or drug fuelled rages (one was because his football team lost and cost him money on a bet - you couldn't make this up could you). It makes my blood boil, it really does. But would having 24/7 surveillance have stopped these horrendous crimes, probably not.

Which brings us back to the whole 'it needs to be addressed at root level'. I can tell you it's never going to happen. I'll give you a quick example: There is a family who are on benefits. They have 7 children. Pretty much everything is paid for by the state and that has become a life choice. The oldest child has now become pregnant and is expecting a child. She will be offered free housing and similar benefits. So the 'choice' goes on and on, because that is what they have become accustomed too. It is the same sort of physiological mapping that occurs in abused children, they often continue the cycle of abuse in later life. What I'm trying to say is,that to get to the root you have to go to the children, but to go to the children you have to involve the parents. If the parents don't give a suger honey ice tea, then what chance the children.

A parenting program, that's an interesting idea. Myself and my sister are both adopted children. The red tape and legalities my parents had to go through just to be allowed to adopt us was mind boggling. If only these rules and regulations could be put in place when partners are thinking about having children... what a difference that would make, or would it? It's not unlawful to have children, well not in this country anyway, so removing that freedom would have bad consequences.

Freedom and privacy - both dangerous things for governments to try and 'police'.

Ricky.

interesting to hear...

However about the adressing the root issue, I think there is no other way to deal with it, you dont fix the errors in the end, but in the beginnings, you can correct the program of the seeded tree in the roots and only readjust an already wrong path in the branches, and that means the same aproach would have to be taken on other type of systems that are e rrogenous by default, ergo we adjust after the fault takes place and the harm is already done by some degree, instead of adapting the
fix the root problem and the same errogenous problem doesnīt have to occour again within similar references.

If I am allergic, I rather take measurments to avoid contact with the allergen by protecting my eyes, nose rather than damping the syndrom with pills that doesnīt
stop the inflammation really, basicly stop the problems at a hiearchy level where it is most effective and most preventive.
thatīs a kind of philosophic approach I choose to look at it, Understandably you might argue it will never happen, but what do
we then narrow it down to by saying it will never happen ..we would be better of at aiming at that target than resignate to a "it will never happen state" we might not need too, want or expect it to be a bullet proof way, we do need to see it give drasticly changes in our lifes though.

Im aware that my thoughs might be a little utopic or"you do live in a dream world dude" but I just donīt see any logic in treating problems at the wrong end.

About parenting...how many societies have teached parents how to raise their kids, donīt think we do have a school for that, maybe we could say ..no one really knows the best principals of
how to raise kids, and it might inflict on individual choices etc and we sure need to take that in account.

I think there should be more focus on learning parents more, maybe actually put parenting and overall empathy class courses already in school before we grow up, is geographical courses more important than that?
Humanity has been trying to raise their offspring for ages and passed on in different cultures with variance, some principles are alike and some not, but the timeline and means changes constantly and methods from 1400-1900 may well be a little off to deal with todays problems etc.
Basicly it starts with our families & schools..that is where we are born and where we grow up and learn things.

A funny note perhaps...sometime ago in sweden there was an italian father and his kid at a restaurant or cafe I think, the kid was a little obnoxius and the father slapped him on the face to correct him. Now I guess that many countries thinks this might be okey to deal with children and correct them that way, here in sweden there was a lot of fuzz about that and the father was arrested for abusing the child.
Later the swedish newspaper reported how italians laughed at us in Sweden and the ridiculous law that forbids laying a hand on a child, I suspect that
we in Sweden do have a more odd relation to that compared to most countries.

Just saying that different countries has very different look at how to raise kids and also approached laws in vey different ways, which one is right and whoīs wrong?
where does the limit go decently correct someone both physicly and verbally without violating the childīs integricy and selfesteem?
very hard to predict with such a sensible creature we all are at a certain age, some kids might do well by the correction and for some it could give trauma affecting his whole life.

It aint easy though...the world dont seem to have a good answer or solution to it, and Im no fix the worlds problem solver either, and as mentioned...
The sins of our fathers are passed on to...
And why donīt we learn from mistakes and corrections, why cant we see the right way? (a fraction of the time we might learn maybe)
look you did it wrong..but no one shows the better ways.

Waves of light
04-29-2013, 02:21 PM
interesting to hear...

However about the adressing the root issue, I think there is no other way to deal with it, you dont fix the errors in the end, but in the beginnings, you can correct the program of the seeded tree in the roots and only readjust an already wrong path in the branches, and that means the same aproach would have to be taken on other type of systems that are e rrogenous by default, ergo we adjust after the fault takes place and the harm is already done by some degree, instead of adapting the
fix the root problem and the same errogenous problem doesnīt have to occour again within similar references.

If I am allergic, I rather take measurments to avoid contact with the allergen by protecting my eyes, nose rather than damping the syndrom with pills that doesnīt
stop the inflammation really, basicly stop the problems at a hiearchy level where it is most effective and most preventive.
thatīs a kind of philosophic approach I choose to look at it, Understandably you might argue it will never happen, but what do
we then narrow it down to by saying it will never happen ..we would be better of at aiming at that target than resignate to a "it will never happen state" we might not need to want or expect it to be
a bullet proof way, we do need to see it give drasticly changes in our lifes though.

Im aware that my thoughs might be a little utopic or"you do live in a dream world dude" but I just donīt see any logic in treating problems at the wrong end.

About parenting...how many societies have teached parents how to raise their kids, donīt think we do have a school for that, maybe we could say ..no one really knows the best principals of
how to raise kids, and it might inflict on individual choices etc and we sure need to take that in account.

I think there should be more focus on learning parents more, maybe actually put parenting and overall empathy class courses already in school before we grow up, is geographical courses more important than that?
Humanity has been trying to raise their offspring for ages and passed on in different cultures with variance, some principles are alike and some not, but the timeline and means changes constantly and methods from 1400-1900 may well be a little off to deal with todays problems etc.
Basicly it starts with our families & schools..that is where we are born and where we grow up and learn things.

A funny note perhaps...sometime ago in sweden there was an italian father and his kid at a restaurant or cafe I think, the kid was a little obnoxius and the father slapped him on the face to correct him. Now I guess that many countries thinks this might be okey to deal with children and correct them, here in sweden there was a lot of fuzz about that and the father was arrested for abusing the child.
Later the swedish newspaper reported how italians laughed at us in Sweden and the ridiculous law that forbids laying a hand on a child, I suspect that
we in Sweden do have a more odd relation to that compared to most countries.

Just saying that different countries has very different look at how to raise kids and also approached laws in vey different ways, which one is right and whoīs wrong?
how hard can you correct someone both physicly and verbally without violating the childīs integricy and selfesteem?
very hard to predict with such a sensible creature we all are at a certain age, some kids might do well by the correction and for some it could give trauma affecting his whole life.

Interesting points again, so much to go on.

I honestly think there are some parents who don't understand the importance they have on the physiological developments of a child. I have two boys, one 10, one 5 and I can tell you it is the most difficult job I have ever had, because you have no formal training. Yes, you can draw on experiences from your own upbringing, but there isn't anything you can draw on that prepares you for parenthood.

I agree, there should be a greater focus on the child (the root), start with them. But there is a real problem with implementing this model. School can teach them so much, and a child probably spends the equivalent time at school as they do at home, so having 'parenting lessons' or 'parenting influences' in class is a great idea - and what I mean by that is it could work both ways, kids can see the ideal family life, whilst parents come into school to see how learning influences a child (and yes, we've all been a child but I think that some adults forget that part of their lives) but it all stops when they go home and have to adhere to home rules. And that's where the cycle breaks once again.

So maybe it's time to address the problem at both ends of the branch.

Another example of different perspectives of repremanding children... we were on holiday last year, kids were playing in the pool. All of a sudden I see a kid dunking my eldest son (keeping him under water). I ran over, but before I could get there the childs father had seen what his son was doing, dived in, grabbed his son off mine and then held his own son under water for about 30 seconds. When his son came up for air he shouted at his son (in his own language - which I think was German) "how do you like it". I thought it was a bit harsh (too much) but I'm sure his son didn't do it again.

JonW
04-29-2013, 04:33 PM
The glasses will provide new opportunities for "information"! This will be the future of advertising. it will be on every surface of our home, footpath, wall, sky, dinner plate! Open the dish washer..... Ad for detergent!

Make sure you are not reading your bank statements with glasses on. You might get visit from debt collector or burglar!

probiner
04-29-2013, 04:55 PM
At least I don't have to hear them...
oh wait... :foreheads

It's not like we don't know a boss or a friend with which we can't be anymore with cause he's always "reachable" :p

JonW
04-29-2013, 05:13 PM
I can just picture (hear) it now!.......... In bedroom at night. Low levels of sound - advise ad from professionals. Female - poor level of sound - pregnancy termination advice, good "quality" sound - ad for hotel honeymoon followed by baby products for nappies, prams to family movers!

geo_n
05-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Now this is something to worry about which I posted earlier.
http://gizmodo.com/5992364/watch-the-full-documentary-about-3d-printed-weapons-click-print-gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DconsfGsXyA
I can see a lot more shootouts happening. The discovery channel Doomsday Preppers is very disturbing to watch how people prepare with guns. Now its easier to secretly produce them.
We need more cameras not less imo.

shrox
05-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Pull the plug.

It will be quiet outside, the stars will be visible, and the air will be nicer.

Bill Carey
05-05-2013, 05:38 PM
In the USA it won't make much difference, the people that want them can get them. These guys are just hedging their bets in case the gun control lobby gains steam or the world does collapse. I think I'll just buy the nice magpul magazine instead of the Lego version, :)

I'd be more concerned in places with heavy gun control, since it will be the bad guys that print their own, the good guys as always will follow the law and be unarmed. Not to worry though, I'm sure those governments will license the printers too.

Now this is something to worry about which I posted earlier.
http://gizmodo.com/5992364/watch-the-full-documentary-about-3d-printed-weapons-click-print-gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DconsfGsXyA
I can see a lot more shootouts happening. The discovery channel Doomsday Preppers is very disturbing to watch how people prepare with guns. Now its easier to secretly produce them.
We need more cameras not less imo.