PDA

View Full Version : LW NooB in Need Of Pro Help . . .PLS!!!

Light-ER-Wave
04-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi Everybody . . . .it has truly been a LONG time since i've been on this site . . .However, that's not my main point. If you take a look at the attached pic, you will see my point. I need to know how to create the cloud you see in the background of the pic.

If the answer is Hyper Voxels . . . .pls explain (In Details) how to do it . . . like i said---->I'm a NooB at LW. Well, not really a NooB, but when it comes to the advanced jobs, then OH YEAH im a Noob.

Thx in advance for everybody who decides to help.

P.S. if anybody wonders the concept for the idea i want to create . . . i want to create the cloud (Like the one in the pic) along with a "Mother Ship" sized space ship on top of it. Which reminds me . . . i don't know how to create a "Mother Ship" either lol. If anyone knows how to make "Nice looking" space ships (Round Disc types) not anything like star trek or star wars lol.

Pls answer A.S.A.P. thank you LW community!!!

JoePoe
04-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Still shot or animation?

nickdigital
04-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Probably need to use TFD generated by particles/geometry.
http://www.jawset.com/

As for your spaceship question...do you have a design?

Do you have the resources to outsource the work?

Light-ER-Wave
04-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Still shot or animation?

1st off . . . thx for the quick reply.

now, to answer your question . . . i prefer animation. But, if this can only be done with a still . . . then ill settle for that.

Light-ER-Wave
04-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Probably need to use TFD in addition to particles/geometry.
http://www.jawset.com/

As for your spaceship question...do you have a design?

Do you have the resources to outsource the work?

WOW, nice program . . . (I was hoping that it was free, lol) can the clouds be done in LW???

As for the spaceship design . . . . Pls see attached

nickdigital
04-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Could maybe get close with voxels....

Or maybe procedural textures applied to polys/geometry...

As for your model... Start with a disc and go from there. If you know the basics of modeling you'll just have to go through the process. Or watch tutorials to get a stronger grasp of the workflow. The Quadpanels plugin might help you to add nurnies, but it's not free. I think there are free alternatives on lwplugindb.com.

There's no single button to instantly make what you want. :-)

Light-ER-Wave
04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Could maybe get close with voxels....

Or maybe procedural textures applied to polys/geometry...

As for your model... Start with a disc and go from there. If you know the basics of modeling you'll just have to go through the process. Or watch tutorials to get a stronger grasp of the workflow. The Quadpanels plugin might help you to add nurnies, but it's not free. I think there are free alternatives on lwplugindb.com.

There's no single button to instantly make what you want. :-)

Oh, if only there were a single button . . . :(

Anyways, i cant seem to find anything that deals with voxels becoming clouds. If anybody has any expertise with making clouds with voxels, please share it with me.

As for knowing the basics of modeling . . . well, lets just say . . .I SUCK! with that being said, i guess i'll just have to Google search something. Or if anybody has an extra spaceship lying around that they wouldn't mind giving away. . . that will be most appreciated.

Thx for all replies

nickdigital
04-27-2013, 03:54 PM
You could see is any of the presets get you your cloud texture. For now, create a bunch of points, apply hypervoxels and start playing with the settings. The Volume option is probably what you want, but if you can use sprites you'll have better render times.

shrox
04-27-2013, 04:20 PM
I have often found good results for something like this by using only a few hypervoxel particles.

One for the big cloud, and one for the down pour.

Light-ER-Wave
04-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I have often found good results for something like this by using only a few hypervoxel particles.

One for the big cloud, and one for the down pour.

AWESOME!!! now, would you pls give me the 1, 2, 3 on how you did that. Like i keep saying, im a NooB at this. please tell me how. thank you.

shrox
04-27-2013, 08:29 PM
AWESOME!!! now, would you pls give me the 1, 2, 3 on how you did that. Like i keep saying, im a NooB at this. please tell me how. thank you.

Check out some basic HV tuts, I can't really explain it well. Load a cloud or smoke preset, then mess with the settings.