PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy-Rig Thread / plugin coders wanted:)

tyrot
04-25-2013, 05:48 PM
JimmyUsers - can you post your workflows - suggestions or Jimmy related issues here? Because OrigamiDigital forum is really so empty...

And is there ANY plugin writer who wants to dive in JimmyRig SDK and give us couple of VERY important plugins ? If someone volunteer to work on it- i can buy him a license ... THanks in advance..

calilifestyle
04-25-2013, 06:18 PM
lol yeah my biggest problem is saving. You really can't save all the hard you you put into setting up a motion.

also your right they seem to either be working really hard on the next version or ... whatever their doing know they say report a bug and they fix it but there comes a point where you just don't feel like opening up an app because your just not sure what will go wrong today.

Megalodon2.0
04-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately I've pretty much given up on them.

It's been YEARS and we still don't have a Pro plugin. Essentially their priority is NOT JimmyRig and paying customers, but more their own projects. I of course can understand this since you've got to survive, but this "years-in-the-making" Pro plugin that never materializes is just sad. By the time it does show up someone else will have already made a similar plugin (hopefully) that is less expensive and works flawlessly. I'm dreaming of course, but in this case there's not much else to do. :(

oliverhotz
04-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Unfortunately I've pretty much given up on them.

It's been YEARS and we still don't have a Pro plugin. Essentially their priority is NOT JimmyRig and paying customers, but more their own projects. I of course can understand this since you've got to survive, but this "years-in-the-making" Pro plugin that never materializes is just sad. By the time it does show up someone else will have already made a similar plugin (hopefully) that is less expensive and works flawlessly. I'm dreaming of course, but in this case there's not much else to do. :(

The pro version beta (which btw has many more features than we initially had talked about putting in) has been available to users for a couple years. Yes, there are problems and workflow issues as with any software and we are addressing those, just not as fast as everyone, including us would like. However, even in its current form we deem the program to be very useful and am constantly using it in our projects. A lot of new technologies have been popping up in the last year and one of the reasons for these delays are constant changes to the code that break things to degree that we don't want to release an update until that has stabilized. Anyways. I am typing this on my ipad and its way too slow to write more lengthy response.

Do keep in mind though, Jimmyrig was created to help solve a big, yet specific problem. It was never meant to be and never will be the end of be all application. It is meant to work in conjunction with other apps and maintain its simplicity.

Best

Oliver

Lewis
04-26-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm happy with my JimmyRigLite, does what I need and does it very easy :). So whenever update is ready it'll be very good but i can work in current app too 'coz as Oliver said it's specific tool for specific tasks anyway.

tyrot
04-26-2013, 01:07 AM
as far as SDK issue- Enki mentioned couple of times that it is very easy to write plugin on JimmyRig - cuz it s a javascriptish based. I dont know ..

I hope somebody may find a solution "using plugin SDK" that saving issue. It is very frustrating -

Also most important stuff - blending motions for each part - Let say blending just arms or legs or head ..separately .. THAT must be done fairly easy with a plugin..

Mega, Jimmy really has the base - they gotta just put some bricks on it -

SAVING system -

Partially blending -

2 Kinects support -

a decent MOCAP import -

Not so long list .. I am sure Enki would add those in a week ...... Because these basic things will be pretty replacing ALL similar MOCAP solutions.

papou
04-26-2013, 05:22 PM
and resurrect PIM.
i'm joking.
i agree with Tyrot. I need that too.

wesleycorgi
04-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I love the idea of Jimmy Rig --- enough so that I maintain a PC laptop in my otherwise Mac environment (well, i also have the PC for Fusion and Messiah). It would be awesome if the LW development team could work with Origami to finally give birth to a released version.