PDA

View Full Version : Bones Problem

Jockomo
11-08-2003, 04:26 PM
I loaded up an old scene, from 6.5 I believe it was. Loaded it up in 7.5c and there is something screwy going on with the bones.
The scene has some hydraulic cylinders. The housing has a bone that points at the shaft. The shaft has a bone that points at the housing. (using point at target in the motion options) Well, anyway they are supposed to... but they are not pointing at each other when I scrub through the timeline.
If I click on the object, it immediately points to where it is supposed to. As soon as I scrub the time again, it points off in the wrong direction again.

any suggestions?

Dodgy
11-08-2003, 05:36 PM
Sounds like your pivot rotation is screwed. Have you tried clearing the bones and adding them again? Should only take a couple of minutes...

Axis3d
11-09-2003, 12:05 PM
I remember having problems loading an old 6.5 scene into 7 or 7.5 if the scene had Motion modifiers in it. For instance, I had a T-rex setup which had Follower added into the feet. When I loaded up the scene, the feet were all screwed up and facing the wrong way. All the settings in Follower were lost. Maybe you have something like this in your scene?