PDA

View Full Version : Graphics fail to load

noel4fox56
04-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Graphics stop loading into Live Text, The graphics are 1920 x 1080 at 72 dpi, for a project thats about 100 pages, the score board has about 10 graphics, and the batter line ups and lower third interviews had about 3 graphics, I contacted tech support and they suggest trying to connect the livetext work station directly to the tricaster, I will chime in on the solution for anyone else that may ever experience the same delima

SBowie
04-25-2013, 11:28 AM
100 pages is a lot, memory-wise ... not sure if that's an issue or not. That aside, dpi is effectively irrelevant for video (including LiveText and TriCaster). It's a print concept with no real place in the video realm. What you're really concerned about is the image's true resolution in pixels. You don't want that to be higher than necessary, or you are just throwing memory away, and may well run into bottlenecks.

kanep
04-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Graphics stop loading into Live Text, The graphics are 1920 x 1080 at 72 dpi, for a project thats about 100 pages, the score board has about 10 graphics, and the batter line ups and lower third interviews had about 3 graphics, I contacted tech support and they suggest trying to connect the livetext work station directly to the tricaster, I will chime in on the solution for anyone else that may ever experience the same delima

I ran into this problem with someone else, the issue was...

LiveText is a 32-bit application and all of the pages are held in RAM in LiveText which means that it is limited to the total memory it can access, regardless of the amount of memory in your computer. Check task manager and see how much memory is in use when you load up all your pages, 2GB is the most that LiveText can use, and it will stop creating pages before that point.

If your graphics are all created on 1920x1080 images, but you are only putting a scoreboard or lower thirds on those pages, you are still taking up all of the memory to hold an entire 1920x1080 image. If you crop your graphics to only the visible portion of the graphic (like just the lower third graphic), it will cut down on the memory usage and allow you to load more pages into LiveText. Just to give you an idea, an uncompressed 1920x1080 32-bit image is 8MB in size.

jbateman107
04-09-2014, 09:27 AM
I think we have a similar problem to the original poster in this thread. Our graphics guy just saved a new project that has somewhere around 100 pages (maybe even a little more). Combination of graphics/lower thirds and pulling text via the %variable% codes. I just went to open up that project this morning and have discovered that it will not fully load. It appears to get stuck about 90% of the way through. I opened task manager and LiveText is using 1.736 GB of memory.

Obviously if it ever opens I would resave the project into several smaller projects. But I'm not sure I'll get that lucky. Will it eventually open if I leave it alone and let it finish loading or is it a lost cause? Any programs or ways to break that .cg file into two separate files without opening it in LiveText?

FWIW, we just upgraded to LiveText 2.67 last week.

ZachSchuster
04-09-2014, 10:31 AM
I've had situations when upgrading LiveText where the project fails to load. I had to downgrade, and save a few variants of the original project, removing ten pages at a time. I then upgraded and tried each new partial project. Turns out there was a page with a Datalink image reference, or an image that was failing to load for that page, or something like that, that was causing the problem.

I determined that the project stalling at a certain percentage is a good indicator of where in the project the faulty page is. If it stalls at 90% on a project with about 100 pages, look at pages 85 to 95. The problem is probably with one of those.