PDA

View Full Version : Baking lighting into vertex colours

mathewo
04-25-2013, 07:05 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to bake my lighting into the vertex colours on an object in layout and have managed to get the result that I would like in layout using the surface baker shader. Unfortunately when I export the object out using an fbx the vertex colour map reverts back to a flat colour. if I manually create a vertex colour map in modeller this works fine, so it's only the map created by the surface baker shader than won't export.

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me out?

Thankyou

MSherak
04-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to bake my lighting into the vertex colours on an object in layout and have managed to get the result that I would like in layout using the surface baker shader. Unfortunately when I export the object out using an fbx the vertex colour map reverts back to a flat colour. if I manually create a vertex colour map in modeller this works fine, so it's only the map created by the surface baker shader than won't export.

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me out?

Thankyou

Surface Baker makes a Vertex Color Map that is RGB. Though there are two types in LW. RGB and RGBA. Now to convert RGB to RGBA use VertexPaint in Layout after you bake it. Just Hotkey Vertexpaint, once open change the vertex map from RGB to RGBA. This should work with FBX.