PDA

View Full Version : Do I want "Exclude From VStack" selected or not?

Snosrap
04-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Could someone please explain this button in the surface editor in plain english? Why or why not should I want this selected? Is it a legacy button of sorts? etc. etc. Any clear enlightening would be appreciated.

tcoursey
04-24-2013, 12:16 PM
+1 please --- I too have always wondered. It seems it's checked when I have files converted but don't know the true meaning. (In plain english)

jboudreau
04-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Could someone please explain this button in the surface editor in plain english? Why or why not should I want this selected? Is it a legacy button of sorts? etc. etc. Any clear enlightening would be appreciated.

Hi

I'm pretty sure it used only if you want to work for the old way if you want to work with air pollies like back in the 9.5 days

For example when you use to create glass you had to create an outer surface and an inside surface (air pollies something for the rays to hit) in the new version you don't have to create air pollies any more you can create glass as one identity. So if you want to work the old way turn exclude from vstack on if you want to work the new way then turn it off.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks
Jason

Greenlaw
04-24-2013, 01:13 PM
The only time I've needed to think about this was when using the new Skin material. I don't remember if it needs to be on or off (I think it has to be off,) but Skin will not render correctly through f9/f10/LWSN if you make the wrong choice. VPR, on the other hand, will render Skin correctly with or without this option.

G.

probiner
04-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Is it a legacy button of sorts? It is. Get a model with dielectric render with and without it.

Cheers

jwiede
04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi

I'm pretty sure it used only if you want to work for the old way if you want to work with air pollies like back in the 9.5 days
Just a quick note: 9.5 didn't require air polys any more than 11.5 does.

Snosrap
04-24-2013, 05:26 PM
So the answer is - turn it off? :) And it basically applies to transparent surfaces?

Areyos Alektor
04-27-2013, 07:48 PM
This is for nodes of Material type. If you use you it you turn it off. If you use an old scenes (from head before the 9.3) or an old technique you hire.