PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster -> Internet -> Tricaster

johanels
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Good evening all,

I'm waiting for my TriCaster 8000 to be installed in our Johannesburg studio.

We also have business partner in Cape Town with a smaller studio and a 5Mbps Internet service in between.

Would it be possible to send the program output from Cape Town as a source into Johannesburg?

I know we can achieve this using a Harmonic Electra encoder and decoder with SDI input and output, but this seems to be a very expensive solution.

As TriCaster supports streaming services, but I do not seem to find any sources for streaming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

joedemax
04-24-2013, 08:58 PM
How important is latency? If you're looking for real time communication between the two studios then this is a different discussion and slightly more challenging.

I'd suggest you take a look at the Teradek Cube. If you got a pair you could pull of what you want to do.

WideMouthMedia
07-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Ya the cube would do the trick. I believe this is what StudioTech does to connect their UK studio to their US one (now, they used to use skype). They seem to get about a half-one second delay, but other then that it seems great. Around a $3500 investment, but when you think about it, you are basically allowing for studio to studio connection without a hardline or satellite. Thats awesome.