PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Improvement Wish

Rayek
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
The gallery section is quite poor in this forum - I wish Newtek would improve it, such as proper preview thumbnails for all the work. Browsing the gallery is very inconvenient now.

Or am I missing something here?

Hail
04-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Yep! I totally agree, the gallery section doesn't look attractive anymore and I hardly visit it.
It needs some love NT.

djwaterman
04-23-2013, 05:41 AM
We've been asking for thumbs for a while now, I wouldn't hold your breath. I think the latest comments being updated down the side has become the first thing we check when visiting the forum so we don't bother to delve deeper as much as previously.

prometheus
04-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Itīs not going to happen...
Prove me wrong:)

Michael

Rayek
04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Strange... Isn't the whole point of a gallery section to have... visual gallery thumbnails? The gallery section in this forum must be the only one on the entire www (that I know of) that does not display thumbnails.

Very, very odd.

3djock
04-23-2013, 12:09 PM
I agree..

Rayek
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Come to think of it, all other forums have the latest and best work done by users somewhere at the top of the forum pages: cgtalk, modo forum, blender forum, c4d cafe, etcetera. They ALL have it, because it attracts users to the software and the works done in it.

Newtek's forums look boring when compared. Kinda embarrassing.

probiner
04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
These issues having been brought up several times now even before the forum change and even more after. While I'm not telling you not to bother posting about it, if look at it (and I hope I'm not being unfair) the forum wasn't updated because finally some changes were about to be done concerning such issues, but probably due to update for management/security requirements. Otherwise the old issues would have been comprised.

We've been asking for thumbs for a while now, I wouldn't hold your breath. I think the latest comments being updated down the side has become the first thing we check when visiting the forum so we don't bother to delve deeper as much as previously.
"New Posts", always! :D

Anyway, most important of all, is that even crippled in some senses, the info is still sitting here. Problem is more on how it outputs to regular people, newcomers and outsiders..

Cheers

Boris Goreta
04-23-2013, 06:51 PM
What was wrong with the old site anyway ? I worked super !

lertola2
04-23-2013, 07:27 PM
What was wrong with the old site anyway ? I worked super !

I totally agree. It wasn't broken so they should not have fixed it.

Boris Goreta
04-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Yes, I don't enjoy coming here any more, especially when I want to look at an image, I press on the thumbnail and it takes ages for image to open in that annoying window. It just puts me off.