PDA

View Full Version : Quickie Window Size Question

vee
11-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Hey Guys/Gals/?

I just have a quick question about my "5x5 foot " numeric window. What's the quick way to fix this. In modeler when I hit "N" to open the numeric window it resizes so big it slams through the side of my monitor, through my wall and blocks traffic outside.

Thanks vee

Mac
Dual 1000
7.5c
osx 10.2.6

toby
11-08-2003, 02:31 PM
the green button maybe?

vee
11-08-2003, 04:04 PM
That's a clever suggestion! It was actually my first reflex action. But it didn't work.

Seriously though, this has happened before, and i just didn't remember my fix then. I'm sure i didn't X out my preferences.
You know how it gets i'm in the middle of doing 50 different things and just needed a quick help out on this one, I didn't (don't) want to spend 2 hours hunting down and deleting those few word is some hidden file somewhere.

Thanks though

vee
11-08-2003, 04:14 PM
For anyone who ever needs to know. In my situation the "green zoom" button did not work, but the actual apple menu item at the top under "Window/zoom window does.

Thanks

toby
11-08-2003, 04:53 PM
you'd be surprised how many people miss simple things like that!

So if I understand you, sometimes you open the numeric window and it covers the screen? that's bizarre

The green button is like a toggle between 'full screen' and 'previous size', so if the previous or original size is already full screen, the button won't do much - could that be what it was? Now why it was full screen in the 1st place is still a puzzle -

riki
11-08-2003, 07:58 PM
There has been bug reports in the past relating to resizing windows 'too big'. These have been confirmed. I had a similiar issue with the Spreadsheet Window, once you sized it past a certain point you lost the drag handle to make it smaller again.