PDA

View Full Version : Boning Nightmares- Reseting Pitch

A.Russell
11-08-2003, 12:05 PM
I've looked at some tutorials, and part of setting up the skeleton is Restting the pitch of each bone and creating a key frame. When I read about it, or seethe guy do it on the video, everything works perfectly. When I try it the whole model turns upside down, and if I continue to zero the pitch on other bones the whole thing folds up.

Can anyone explain to me, as if I were athree year old, The purpose of this step and how to do it properly?

Thanks

Axis3d
11-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Are you creating the bones in Modeler with Skelegons? If not, I would recommend doing it this way. You will be able to orient the Y up axis quite easily.

If you are adjusting the bones in Layout, you need to select the bone, then hit 'p' to open the Properties panel. Next to Current Bone, uncheck Bone Active. This will allow you to reposition the bone in Layout. After you re-orient the bone, make sure you create a keyframe at 0. Then hit 'r' to create a new resting position for the bone (you can also put a check next to Bone Active again).
Depending on how many bones are in your object, you may want to select all bones ( this can be done in the Scene Editor) and de-activate them. Adjusting the top bone in an arm will change the position of all child bones under it, which will need adjusting also.
Open Scene Editor > Select > Select all bones of Current Object. Then under the Objects Tab > Bones > click on Bone Active to de-activate all of them. If you adjust all of your bones in your object, make sure you create keys for them at 0, then go to the root bone and hit 'r' on the keyboard to rest it. Just use the down arrow on the keyboard, then 'r', down arrow, 'r', etc. until all bones are rested again. Your object should not be folded up or anything after doing this.

A.Russell
11-13-2003, 05:30 AM
Thank you Axis, that was very helpful. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.