PDA

View Full Version : Kinect video demo link with Rob and Lino....

Snosrap
04-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Here is Rob and Lino demonstration the Kinect motion capture in 11.5! http://waskul.tv/portfolio/nab-show-2013rob-powers-demonstrates-new-motion-capture-in-robot-demo/ They keep saying it's in 11.5 - does that mean there is a service pack on the way?

shrox
04-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Nice!

stevecullum
04-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Yeah that looked pretty good for a single camera - looking forward to trying that.

I'm assuming a service pack must be on the way shortly too then... :)

gordonrobb
04-20-2013, 01:59 AM
He does say, 11.5, no special set up. Interesting. Anyone got a kinect and tried it?

stevecullum
04-20-2013, 02:06 AM
He does say, 11.5, no special set up. Interesting. Anyone got a kinect and tried it?

It's not been released yet... When he says 11.5, probably means 11.5.x

shrox
04-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Is anybody else a little creeped out about a machine watching you in such detail?

GregMalick
04-20-2013, 03:55 AM
Why isn't that video on the OfficialLightWave3D website?

stevecullum
04-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Is anybody else a little creeped out about a machine watching you in such detail?

Nah...seen it before - HAL - nothing to worry about ;)

dwburman
04-20-2013, 08:52 AM
The ability to record the performance is already in 11.5 with the Virtual Studio Tools. We just don't have a way to get the data from the kinect into LW until they release a service pack or something. At least that's my understanding of the situation.

You don't have to buy an additional animation module from the LightWave Group to get it the Sony Move controllers to work. You do, however, need to buy a PS3 and the move.me software from Sony.

I hope the Kinect connection will be simply added with a service pack release or a free download.

geo_n
04-20-2013, 08:58 AM
You do, however, need to buy a PS3 and the move.me software from Sony.

I hope that's not the case since Rob said just connect the kinect and the usb and its ready. Surely they can make their own driver/software to make lightwave recognize the kinect.

OlaHaldor
04-20-2013, 10:10 AM
geo_n, you don't use Kinect with a PS3 anyway. So to use Kinect it sounds like you just get the Kinect device and connect it to the computer.

But to use the PS3 Move with LW, you need a PS3 console and an app to record the performance and transmit this to your computer through a network connection. The PS3 app isn't freely available outside the US, so it's basically useless for the rest of us.

So I'm very excited about this! I was almost about to purchase a 3rd party app to record performance. So why not just do it directly in layout. Looks fun and cool!

geo_n
04-20-2013, 10:51 AM
geo_n, you don't use Kinect with a PS3 anyway. So to use Kinect it sounds like you just get the Kinect device and connect it to the computer.

I'm so out of touch with the video game stuff. :D Forgot about that point. So its definitely plug and play with just the kinect sdk I assume like the IPI soft we use.

OlaHaldor
04-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Ah, that's the one, I was about to get IPI when it was released on Steam.

OnlineRender
04-20-2013, 01:55 PM
if it comes as a free point upgrade I will pee myself

stevecullum
04-21-2013, 03:16 AM
if it comes as a free point upgrade I will pee myself

When was the last time Newtek charged for a point upgrade? You may want to buy some nappies :D

OnlineRender
04-21-2013, 04:07 AM
When was the last time Newtek charged for a point upgrade? You may want to buy some nappies :D

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/deima80/diaper.jpg

ianr
04-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Great rigged model above, but strangely not in T pose mode?
I got it, I got it! It's in P pose mode & sadly too realistic.

erikals
04-21-2013, 09:42 AM
not really a fan of making fun of people like that... :/

OnlineRender
04-21-2013, 11:22 AM

not to off go off topic "too late" but...
you are assuming that this man has a disability / neurogenic bladder and if anything the making fun part is aimed more at myself although I will apologise if you are offended and perhaps its not the place for the forum "SORRY" ... however I know that the above image is a man in his 40s who does not have anything wrong other than he wears a nappy and likes to be treated like a baby {autonepiophilia} ; "its his thang" which I personally find hilarious

stevecullum
04-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Just wondering why you made the conclusion he was 'like that' and not the other (autonepiophilia man). Not being antagonistic, this is purely from a perceptive consideration - there must be some stereo-type thing in the image - the big glasses perhaps?

Oops: Now I'm completely derailing the topic! :D

shrox
04-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Maybe the Kinect took the picture without his knowledge, and maliciously posted it on the web...

Oedo 808
04-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's erikals.

:D

shrox
04-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Maybe it's erikals.

:D

It's definitely not Maybelline...

erikals
04-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Maybe it's erikals.

or maybe it is Batman...

OlaHaldor
04-22-2013, 01:13 AM
I bought the PS3 + Move kit because the announced it'd work, but since the manuals weren't clear (at that time) I didn't know I needed the Move.me app for PS3, and the fact that Move.me isn't available for anyone outside the US (unless you're a "professor at a school or research facility") was a super huge disappointment for me.

Really hoping the Kinect feature will be available for free in an update. I'll go buy a Kinect camera in a blink!
Thus the next question: would I need to buy Kinect for Windows, or will it work with the Kinect for XBOX360?

OnlineRender
04-22-2013, 06:00 AM
standard kinect xbox will do its USB anyway "just make sure you get the power connector plug" ... thats what I used for the brekel stuff although its lay in the cupboard for months now , you can pick up a kinect for 40 with games on gumtree when it came out I forked out 140

OlaHaldor
04-22-2013, 06:17 AM
standard kinect xbox will do its USB anyway "just make sure you get the power connector plug"

?

OnlineRender
04-22-2013, 06:29 AM
if you are buying new you will be ok although I suggest gumtree , the xbox black edition or new xboxes can power the kinect direct , the older version "white arcade need a power plug that connects to the kinect , when you buy new the power plug comes supplied or did when I bought it .... "JUST BUY A KINECT YOU WILL BE FINE " :)... the reason I say this is because you need to power the kinect to your pc , usb does not power it http://www.juegopolis.com.mx/images/P/kinect%20ac%20adaptor2.jpg its more just a warning if you are buying second hand and some idiot does not supply the power pack for it

Waves of light
04-22-2013, 07:07 AM
It will be interesting to see how this works. I presume it's just going to be the Kinect plugged straight into the PC on which LW11.5.X is installed on... in that case, I think you will need the power plug to power the Kinect.

I have mine running off a 10m usb extension cable (under the floorboards) so that my Xbox and other electrical equipment sits at the back of the room, and the kinect sits under the wall mounted TV. This allows for the whole room to be used when the kids play on the Kinect. I have an old 360 Elite, so luckily I already knew I needed the additional power plug.

erikals
04-22-2013, 07:39 AM
...the fact that Move.me isn't available for anyone outside the US (unless you're a "professor at a school or research facility") was a super huge disappointment for me.

not good, it's utterly strange that they forgot to say that... http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Thomas Helzle
04-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Yeah, Microsoft keeps the difference between the Xbox Kinect and the Kinect for Windows rather muddy.
The Windows version seems to have an additional "Near" mode and you are allowed to develop apps with it, otherwise it's pretty much mumbo jumbo "you should really buy the Windows version because something is better about it" talk.
Since it's twice the price, I'm still unclear if I gain anything worthwhile with the Windows version.
Does it come with a power plug? Anyone has both and can provide more insight?

Cheers,

Tom

Waves of light
04-22-2013, 09:42 AM
not good, it's utterly strange that they forgot to say that... http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/shrug.gif

This is where we need some clarity from NT. Is it all built into the LW11.5.X build, so you just need a PC with 11.5.X and a Kinect plugged into it, or is there additional plugins required (which may not work in certain geographical locations).

Greenlaw
04-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Since it's twice the price, I'm still unclear if I gain anything worthwhile with the Windows version.
Does it come with a power plug?

I have two of each here. Here's a quick rundown of the differences:

1. Kinect for XBox is cheaper.

2.Cosmetically, there appears to be no difference between the two. I suspect there is only a small difference internally.

3. The software is better in Kinect for Windows. In iPi Mocap Studio, for example, it offers significantly more control over the quality of the RGB stream. For pure depth capture, this doesn't mean much, but in the case of iPi Mocap Studio, the RGB stream is used for visual reference, and soon it will be used to augment the 3D tracking. I'm not aware of other programs combining the RGB data with depth this way but it will probably become more common eventually. For some 3D scanning programs, for example, I can see where it can be useful for optimizing texture quality.

4. Only Kinect for Windows is officially supported by Microsoft for use with a PC. This means there is no official driver support for Kinect for XBox on the PC. Also, the Kinect for XBox warranty will not cover damage caused by using it with a PC. At present, this doesn't mean a whole lot but, for better or worse, things can change at the whim of Microsoft.

5. Software that use Near Mode will only recognize this feature in Kinect for Windows. For full body capture, this doesn't matter but for 3D scanning of small objects using a program like ReconstructMe or for face capture with Brekel Pro Face, you will definitely want this feature.

IMO, if you already have a Kinect for XBox, use it. If you don't already have one, you're better off getting Kinect for Windows because it's compatible with more Windows applications and it will probably have a longer 'shelf life'. If you want to also use the Kinect with an XBox, then you might be better off getting the XBox version--I'm not positive but it's possible that Kinect for Windows is not compatible with XBox.

If you're a little more daring, check out the new Carmine sensors (http://www.primesense.com/solutions/sensor/) (from the people who developed Kinect for Microsoft.) For 3D scanning, they are much better than Kinect. The downside is that if you want to do both wide and close up work, you need to purchase two different sensors (models 1.08 and 1.09) so it can get more expensive. If you only intend to use it for one or the other, the device isn't too expensive though ($200).

If you're not in a hurry, wait and see what Microsoft has in store for the next generation of Kinect. (Me, I'd probably go for Carmine, but I'm not buying new gear until we finish 'Brudders 2' (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133274-The-Brudders-2-Production-Log-%28Well-sort-of-%29) first.

G.

Thomas Helzle
04-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks a ton Greenlaw! Exactly the information I was hoping for.

I'm currently looking into some realtime graphics/particle programming with http://libcinder.org/ and would love to have a more engaging input device than a mouse. ;-)
So when I saw the motion capture video from Lino and Rob, I thought that the kinect may be perfect for multiple uses (more versatile than the leap motion I also contemplated getting).
I don't play games (I get seasick in seconds) so I don't have any game consoles/devices.

I heard the next gen kinect may have double the resolution, but may only come out end of the year. Would be cool but I may want to start right now...

I'll have to meditate about this a bit I guess... ;-)

Thanks a ton!

Cheers,

Tom

Greenlaw
04-22-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't play games (I get seasick in seconds) so I don't have any game consoles/devices.

Tell me about it--I can no longer play 3D video games for the same reason. A friend told me it's the framerate but this didn't used to bother me, so I think it's an age thing. Mostly though, I just don't have time to play games anymore. Except maybe for Cat Physics (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cat-physics/id373342398?mt=8) on my iPod Touch.

G.

robpowers3d
05-01-2013, 01:00 PM
This was a technology preview at NAB and is not currently available at this time. I've asked Waskul.tv to add a title card at the beginning of that video to clear this up and to eliminate any further confusion. This particular presentation had a technical issue at the time so my complete presentation was not streamed and unless you watch the entire video until the end it was not clear that this was a technology preview due to the missing content. We are planning now how to roll out this technology and have not determined the specifics yet. We are deep into the second week of our development meeting in our new LightWave 3D Group offices in Burbank, CA at the moment and I'm certain that much good will be coming from our very exciting meetings.

This is where we need some clarity from NT. Is it all built into the LW11.5.X build, so you just need a PC with 11.5.X and a Kinect plugged into it, or is there additional plugins required (which may not work in certain geographical locations).

Waves of light
05-01-2013, 01:23 PM
This was a technology preview at NAB and is not currently available at this time. I've asked Waskul.tv to add a title card at the beginning of that video to clear this up and to eliminate any further confusion. This particular presentation had a technical issue at the time so my complete presentation was not streamed and unless you watch the entire video until the end it was not clear that this was a technology preview due to the missing content. We are planning now how to roll out this technology and have not determined the specifics yet. We are deep into the second week of our development meeting in our new LightWave 3D Group offices in Burbank, CA at the moment and I'm certain that much good will be coming from our very exciting meetings.

Thanks Rob for responding directly and letting us know that this is in development, it certainly didn't look that way on the NAB video and was very interesting to watch, being a LW user and an Kinect owner. But the detailed response from Greenlaw coupled with your update, means I'll just have to wait a bit longer before I can play.

Looking forward to future updates.

Greenlaw
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
We are deep into the second week of our development meeting in our new LightWave 3D Group offices in Burbank, CA at the moment and I'm certain that much good will be coming from our very exciting meetings.

Yay, Rob and Co.!

Since I'm in the neighborhood...(hint, hint.) ;)

G.

Spinland
05-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I keep hearing "PC" and "Kinect for Windows." Must I fear that we Mac users might not be invited to this party?

wyattharris
05-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Was really looking forward to this feature after seeing Lino bouncing around. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than never. :D

Thomas Helzle
05-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeah, thanks for the clarification Rob!

I'm thinking about buying a Kinect but now I will wait a bit longer ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

jwiede
05-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Yeah, thanks for the clarification Rob!

I'm thinking about buying a Kinect but now I will wait a bit longer ;-)
That's probable not a bad idea anyway. :devil:

erikals
05-02-2013, 05:57 AM
i think it's important to understand though, this is not going to match iPi Desktop quality...

LW Kinect is something quite different... i like it, i might very well use it, but they are 2 different apps.

LW-K is realtime, while iPi-K is not... (like explained earlier)

Greenlaw
05-02-2013, 06:23 AM
If you don't have other immediate plans for the Kinect, I would wait. Nobody outside of NewTek knows how long it will be before the release of LightWave Kinect and Microsoft may release the next version of Kinect by the time it comes out. Alternatively, there are third party 'Kinect' devices you may wish to consider--the Carmine sensor, for example, already exceeds the capture quality of Microsoft's device and it's reasonably priced too. This assumes NewTek will support the drivers for Carmine, which I'm guessing they will since this device is otherwise very similar to Kinect--in fact, the developer of Carmine is the same company that invented the Kinect for MS. For all I know, there may even be a better version of Carmine by the time 'LWK' comes out.

The reasons to get a 'Kinect' sensor device or two immediately would be to use any of the current 'Kinect capable' programs, like ReconstructMe or SKanect for 3D object scanning, or any of the several motion capture systems mentioned previously that are already compatible with LightWave. To use any of the current production quality tools is an added expense of course, so if budget is a problem, wait.

If you just want to play with a new 'toy', I would definitely wait. I suspect there are many here who imagine the process is a breeze but taking mocap data from capture to final production quality animation is actually a very involved process. Kinect based motion capture has been around for a while now but there are good reasons why you haven't seen the web flooded with thousands of finished mocap film productions already--while the technology itself is indeed 'plug-and-play', as with any instrument there is actually quite a lot to learn and practice to get quality results. Seriously, it's hard work. That said, once you get a good workflow established and have acquired the necessary skills, the boost in productivity can be quite amazing.

G.

Thomas Helzle
05-02-2013, 10:40 AM
yeah, I guess I wait for the reveal of the next generation xbox on the 21st of May. One rumour said there may be a kinect with twice the resolution coming...

I'm not so much after realistic production motion capture, but bringing some motion into the machine that would be tedious to animate by hand and some realtime interaction with stuff like the cinder framework.

Cheers and thanks!

Tom

LW_Will
05-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Also, there is the Leap Motion coming in May... er, make that June! (Rats!) Does anyone want me actually USE any of this hardware?

:sigh:

Rob and the Team, please do what you need to make the Kinect for Xbox work with Lightwave for the PC/Mac!

I need to get ready, probably with iPi or Breckel...

Greenlaw
05-02-2013, 12:52 PM
One recent development at iPi Soft is that they're getting a myo (https://getmyo.com/)to experiment with very soon. This is a bracelet you wear on your forearm and it reads impulses from arm your muscles for finger movements and wrist rotations. They're thinking they can use this device to in place the PS move you currently have to hold in or attach to each hand for wrist rotation data during capture...plus finger motions! Like the PS Move and Wii Motion Plus, myo will likely use standard Bluetooth to send data to the software.

Should be very interesting to see this device integrated with LightWave. I'd love to try it as a virtual puppeteering tool.

G.

Spinland
05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Greenlaw, I've been meaning to ask you about Motion Builder. You use it in your mocap workflow--is that by personal preference or because iPi's tools aren't adequate for taking live motion into a LW rig?

As I've mentioned before I have the potential to land a gig doing a CGI version of a mascot (that's currently a guy in a suit) for simple commercial spots and I'm weighing what overhead I'll realistically need. I already have a Bootcamp Windows 7 Pro/64 installation on my i7 MacBook Pro anticipating the need for a Windows-based machine for much of this work. I'm anticipating also the purchase of a pair of Kinect for Windows cameras, and either iPi or just LW 11.5 if that capability comes to fruition in time and is viable. I won't need extra controllers for props, the character's design is such that head movement will be minimal or nonexistent, and I expect to animate the limited finger motions manually.

Based on researching existing commercial spots the range of motion needed will be pretty straightforward, some very basic dance moves and arm gestures. Most of the work will be face morphs for talking and expressions, which is a different can of worms. The Sister test animation you recently posted to YouTube would be more than adequate for what I'll need to do.

I can get Motion Builder if I really need it, but would of course prefer not to spend that overhead if iPi and/or native LW will get me rolling.

As always, your insights are invaluable and thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

blueshift
05-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Greenlaw that MYO device is awesome and at a preorder price of $149.00 affordable. Wonder how much after preorder . The technology is becoming mind bending. Holodeck here we come:dance:Wonder if we will be able to use it with the Kinect at the same time. Need 2 MYO's one for each forearm ?

Greenlaw
05-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Greenlaw, I've been meaning to ask you about Motion Builder. You use it in your mocap workflow--is that by personal preference or because iPi's tools aren't adequate for taking live motion into a LW rig?
Originally, the iPi Soft developers were only interested in capturing raw motion data using off-the-shelf equipment--what you did with that data was up to you. But over the years, they added FBX i/o, retargeting and some basic editing tools to Mocap Studio. It's still not a fully featured mocap editing program though--for example, no layering to override existing motions or 'pin and release' for the IK system--thus my need for Motion Builder.

There's a good example in the Sister Mocap video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jASC8IOsIqY) I posted earlier--if you look at the raw mocap in iPi Mocap Studio, you can see the feet slide backwards a few inches at the beginning of each jump. iPi Mocap Studio's feet tracking is actually pretty decent compared to other Kinect based systems but this happened because the rig does not exactly fit my body proportions, and the legs got forced out the back when I crouched forward to jump. This sort of thing is very easy to fix in Motion Builder--just click on the feet and create an aux effector, then pin and release for each jump. You can see the corrected version in the LightWave Bullet segment of the video.

A request for additional editing tools, like keyframeable pinning, have been made though and it's sounding like the developers may add them in a future version of Mocap Studio. They are also planning to make the limbs of the native tracking rig individually customizable, which may solve this specific problem.

Other reasons I've been using Motion Builder:

At the time we did 'Happy Box', the iPi DMC FBX file wasn't directly compatible with LightWave but the Motion Builder FBX was, so MB was a necessary exchange tool for me. Since that time, I believe iPi Soft and NewTek got the compatibility issue sorted out so it might be all good now. (I haven't had a chance to check this yet myself. Until we finish 'B2', we're very committed to our present workflow.)

Motion Builder's mocap editing tools haven't seen much updating in many years but they are still top-notch. I'm hopeful that LightWave will get more of MB's tools, especially now that NewTek is seriously looking into capturing motion directly into LightWave. I think that may be a ways off though.

Finally, when Alisa was teaching at Gnomon, we were able to qualify for an educational license of Motion Builder--it's much cheaper this way. Of course, whenever we decide to go 'commercial' with Little Green Dog, we'll need to upgrade to a full commercial license or find an alternative solution. Some potential systems have already been discussed: ikinema Webanimate, Mixamo, and iClone with 3DXchange Pipeline are a few examples.

Feel free to ask more questions. I'm actually still learning about 'homebrew' mocap (it's a never-ending process) but I've covered a lot of ground in the past a few years. :)

BTW, be sure you try the free trial version of iPi Mocap Studio with Bootcamp before buying. Some users have been successful running it on a Mac but others have not. I don't know if this has to do with drivers or hardware but you can check for more info in their forums.

Greenlaw that MYO device is awesome and at a preorder price of $149.00 affordable...Wonder if we will be able to use it with the Kinect at the same time. Need 2 MYO's one for each forearm ?

I'm sure it depends on how it will be used in a given application. In the case of iPi Mocap Studio, I believe they intend to replace the PS Moves you currently have to hold in each hand for wrist capture. In theory, the myo should record wrist rotations as well as finger movements. It's not available yet so we'll have to wait and see. And yes, they want to use it simultaneously with Dual Kinect or PS3 Eye capture. I don't know what other companies have in mind for the myo.

G.

Spinland
05-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, I downloaded and installed iPi's Recorder and demo MS software. They seem to open and run fine, which I guess is about as far as I'll get checking them out since I don't yet own any compatible cameras. I just kind of randomly clicked and dragged stuff and nothing seemed to freeze and there were no crashes.

Greenlaw
05-03-2013, 07:57 PM
The main thing with iPi Recorder is to have adequate bandwidth--the general rule is 2 PS3 eye cameras per USB controller (not to be confused with a USB port,) or 1 Kinect per controller. If you have USB 3.0, you might be able to use 2 to 4 per controller--some users have reported better results than other with this. If you have enough USB controllers, you can actually have a lot running--some users have reported capturing from up to 8 PS3 Eye cameras at once. Most computers have two controllers onboard but you can add more by adding controller cards.

If you need to use extension cables, be sure they're Active USB (a.k.a., USB Repeater) cables--these cables can boost the signal over very long distances; ordinary USB extension cables just won't cut it. You can get really long active USB cables pretty cheaply from Monoprice or New Egg. I often daisy chain two or three of these and still get a strong signal.

It used to be recommended that you use an SSD for capture but after iPi Mocap Studio 2.0 switched to a new compact format, this isn't as critical as it was with version 1.0. Most users just capture to a fast but otherwise ordinary hard disk (7200 rpm or faster.) FYI, I use an SSD--never drops a frame--and move the data to a normal hard disk for tracking.

If you want to add PS Move or Wii Motion Plus, you need to add a bluetooth adapter. One adapter is good for multiple devices. I like to attach my adapter to a Repeater cable and run it out to the capture space. I'm not sure what the limit is for devices but I like to use two Kinects and three PS Moves--one PS move for each hand and the head.

For tracking, the most important piece of hardware is your graphics card. A modern nvidia Geforce GTX card is highly recommended because Mocap Studio relies on the GPU for physics calculations. I use an older GTX 460 and can track in about 0.67 seconds per frame, which is still pretty decent--newer GTX cards should be much faster of course.

I use a desktop for both recording and tracking. Some users record with a laptop and track with a desktop because the superior GPU in desktop grade graphics cards. A few users will do both with a laptop but tracking performance is pretty slow on a laptop.

Hope this helps.

G.

tyrot
05-04-2013, 01:23 AM
greenlaw - come on lets confess it .. instead of writing all these SUPER useful posts you could record an amazing IPI - LW video tutorial!!!:)))

Greenlaw
05-04-2013, 01:43 AM
greenlaw - come on lets confess it .. instead of writing all these SUPER useful posts you could record an amazing IPI - LW video tutorial!!!:)))

Instead of writing these posts, I really should be finishing our film so I can make time to record some videos. :p

G.

Spinland
05-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Well, on the plus side hardware-wise my MacBook Pro has a 512gb SSD and three dedicated USB 2.0 ports. On the down side the video card is just a Nvidia GT330M. That's actually better than my desktop, which is a Mac Mini with integrated Intel graphics. My little studio is still financially well short of being able to afford a full Mac Pro, or even an IMac. If doing mocap became a seriously common (and paying) activity I'd even consider putting together a dedicated PC optimized for that.

I'll just have to school myself to patience during tracking. :-)

Thomas Helzle
05-13-2013, 12:11 PM
@Greenlaw: Do you happen to know this camera: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/perceptual-computing-sdk
It's currently getting adapted to the Cinder framework: https://forum.libcinder.org/#Topic/23286000001372145
Sounds rather interesting.

Cheers,

Tom