PDA

View Full Version : Can lightwave particles interact with bullet physics ?

RTSchramm
04-16-2013, 05:00 AM
Can LW particle flow move bullet objects like Modo 701 does in the following video?

http://www.luxology.com/tv/training/view.aspx?id=675

Rich

Hail
04-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Nope!

OnlineRender
04-16-2013, 08:27 AM
in theory NO ... although you maybe able to save the particles attach objects to them bake it then get bullet to work with it , although sounds like a nightmare

lwanmtr
04-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Bullet implementation is still relatively new in LW. I would imagine that over the next updates, there will be more hooks added that will allow things like particles to interact with it.

RTSchramm
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks,

Rich

prometheus
04-16-2013, 08:55 PM
I hope they work on that very hard, I miss that...would really like to have particles break bullet objects upon impact, or push geometry.
Amazingly how hard luxology have worked on getting particles in modo nowadays, and not just bringing old lightwave style code in there but actually improving on particles.

They have implemented it a little UI unfriendly though, just emitting particles from a texture seem to be way easier to set up within lightwave, where you in modo
have to node control it in a complex way, maybe more power underneath, but I don´t like the workflow from modo particle setup, from what Ivé seen.
On the other hand, controlling the flow along curve paths, and editing and sculpting is a wow factor...Im very split confused by it.

Michael

CaptainMarlowe
04-17-2013, 05:12 AM
What you can do though, depending on the desired effect, is to use flocking and attach cloned objects to the flock particles with flock-item motion modifier. If the attached objects (or nulls) are kinematic objects, they can interact with bullets. Of course, if there are thousands of particles, it would quickly become very complicated to manage. I hope the next step will be to allow instances to interact with bullet, that would be much simpler.

I used this technique in this scene :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTeJAy6OEow

Julez4001
10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Has anyone use a points-only .lwo object being affected by HardFX or Bullet?
I have a pile of rocks being replicated by LW's Instancer being moved around by a piece of wood.

lwanmtr
10-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Must be that time of year...lol. I've been playing trying to get particles to interact with bullet also.

Making instances interact properly with bullet would be neat, even if it was simple interaction. But It also would drive up calculations. Instances arent geometry in the normal sense, so there would have to be a way to tell it to make certain instances into real geometry..kind of an in scene auto-copy.

erikals
10-14-2013, 04:10 PM
MDD scan, then use particles...