PDA

View Full Version : Remote Connection to Tricaster 455

inforum
04-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi,

We currently have a 455 running in our main studio doing a live broadcast to the web. When we are not doing a live program we usually leave the stream running with a weather cam / streaming radio feed.

Over the weekend we had an issue that required me to come in to the studio and restart the stream, a very simple operation.

Is using remote desktop even an option with the Tricaster while it is running the main switcher software? I know I'm not supposed to treat the TriCaster like a normal Windows box so I'm very reluctant to try anything out like this for fear of screwing something up. Has anybody else tried anything like this to any degree of success?

Thanks,

joedemax
04-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Even though it's very much not recommended, Yes you can do it. I run TeamViewer on my TriCaster for restarting the stream remotely should it go down. Just make sure you do not have any screen sharing software active during a production, because as you mentioned, it's destined to fail.

3xScreen
04-16-2013, 01:40 AM
We run TeamViewer on all of ours despite the strong warnings to not run other apps. The other thing we run on our Tricasters - which we shouldn't but is incredibly helpful in our live production work flow is Dropbox.

inforum
04-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the replies folks! Much appreciated.

Looks like I can save myself trips into the studio on the weekend.

Myykk
04-26-2013, 12:21 PM
inforum,
I have used LogMeIn for a number of years now to run 5 Tricasters without any trouble. It's a solid platform with great support. In the Pro version, you get more.
Myykk
:jam: