PDA

View Full Version : Maestro autorigger fix for lightwave 11.5

geo_n
04-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Just found the fix for maestro's interactivity problem on post lw 9.6 versions. Just turn Virtual Studio to Live and maestro will be near realtime again using the animation panel/picker. This doesn't just work on maestro rigs but also wherever you used the animation panel.

chikega
04-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Nice! thanks a bunch geo_n :)

UnCommonGrafx
04-14-2013, 10:37 AM
That is good news to have paid attention to. Genoma needs a picker.

geo_n
04-15-2013, 02:44 AM
And it also means my old characters are useable again without re-rigging :D
Something is up with lw post 9.6 version since this is not the first time this trick is used.

greg.reyna
05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Just found the fix for maestro's interactivity problem on post lw 9.6 versions. Just turn Virtual Studio to Live and maestro will be near realtime again using the animation panel/picker. This doesn't just work on maestro rigs but also wherever you used the animation panel.

How do I turn Virtual Studio to Live? If there's a 'switch' in LW 11.5, I can't find it. I've been using Maestro2 for years, and would love to have that as a rigging option. I've used it in LW 10 but had to do without the picker.

Thanks, Greg

drako
05-11-2013, 04:59 AM
geo_n thanks man .....

greg.reyna
05-11-2013, 11:48 AM
geo_n thanks man .....

To katalavenis kei den tha mi peis?

greg.reyna
05-11-2013, 05:37 PM
If you mean Virtual Studio Trait in Motion Options/Modifier, it's only a scene setting so it's cleared out before a scene is loaded. I have no trouble getting a Maestro2 scene to load. After 3 requesters asking for Maestro files the picker loads too, the only problem is the Jpeg of the 'biped' outline doesn't load, so no 'biped' silhouette on the picker.

Julez4001
02-25-2015, 12:27 AM
How do I turn Virtual Studio to Live? If there's a 'switch' in LW 11.5, I can't find it. I've been using Maestro2 for years, and would love to have that as a rigging option. I've used it in LW 10 but had to do without the picker.

Thanks, Greg

Did anyone answer this in another thread or privately?
I never used Virtual Studio as well, what's considered turn to LIVE?

Greenlaw
02-25-2015, 06:36 AM
In 11.x and later, it's the Studio Live switch over in the main tool column. (Assuming you're using the Default menus.) This button can restore interactivity to tools like Cycler to drive morphs and interactivity problems with some other Graph Editor modifiers. (I seem to recall the Maestro issue was related.)

The trade off is that with this switch enabled, Lightwave is processing all the time. Enable VPR while animating the character and see what happens, especially if you have an environment in the scene or more than one character in the scene.

For simpler scenes, this trick can be useful though. If you use it, don't forget to turn it off when you don't need it--you'll bring LW to a crawl whenever you need VPR.

G.