PDA

View Full Version : Swirling Leaves Example

devin
04-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Anyone know if the "Swirling Leaves" example referred to in the 11.5 addendum (pg. 86-90) is included in the sample content or available anywhere? It was created by Greenlaw from Little Dog Studios. I can't seem to locate it but I'd really like to review the file as I'm setting up a scene with falling flower petals. I'm hitting a wall with proper ground interaction. I'm not sure if this scene addresses that particular aspect but it's worth a shot.

I've attached a shot of the scene in question. Thanks!

Lewis
04-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Is your ground haveing any thickenss ? Bullet don't like thin "ground". Also try to scale up scene 'coz Bullet don't seem to like small meshes either :(.

devin
04-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the info, Lewis. I was originally trying to set it up with a particle system, instances, and a collision object but now I'm retooling it to be Bullet-based like the mentioned example.

Lewis
04-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Hmm, i can't say for sure but i don't think bullet works with Instancing so you'll probably need to use clones instead instances :(.

devin
04-10-2013, 03:23 PM
The instances were for the particle-based attempt. I'm just duplicating the petals using Point Clone Plus for the Bullet-based version.

dee
04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Try increasing the Dynamics Framerate in your world properties. Be aware that Bullet has problem with small objects.

Amurrell
04-11-2013, 02:15 AM
It is included in the content, but since I'm working I don't have the path for you. I'll try to remember to look it up.

devin
04-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Thanks for confirming that it's there. I'll give the search another go. I now have a fairly functional solution that just needs to be refined and tweaked.

Thanks again.

Amurrell
04-12-2013, 05:04 PM
I guess it is not there. Sorry for misleading you, but I could have sworn it was among many of the examples that I looked at. But in the addendum you do have the setup for it spelled out, so perhaps you could make the scene or something similar to it that way or ask Greenlaw for the files to look at.