PDA

View Full Version : Julienne style fracture

jeremydk
04-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi

I want to make a fracture but as slices. It's a logo and i want to rotate it about 45 degrees and then slice it with
Julienne and rotate it back and put some bullets on it and make it slide to pieces...are you with me ?
But Julienne doesn't fracture. It just slices and the slices are not "pieced out"

Any good ideas ?

thanks

Sensei
04-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Do you saw mine video tutorial?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud52wxYMygc
Remove couple steps and you should have what you want.

prometheus
04-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Might work if you use the hidden csg_slice command

you would have to create boxes, array them with even distance so they are set up in pattern as julienne would have been divided.
also the boxes must encase the logo completly, using the csg_slice should give exact cut outs, and you can check it by select a poly on one part and select connected and move it.

Haven tested on logo though.

Michael

jeremydk
04-10-2013, 11:04 PM
thanks for both replys. Should be possible with a little manual work. I will try it out tonight.

jeremydk
04-12-2013, 12:00 AM
well. I have to go with senseis idea. The csg_slice works fine though, but there is no control and it makes some weird polys flying around. As i need about 25 slices there will be manual work.
After it is sliced out i want each piece to fracture on impact....i don't even know if it's possible. If i make it i will post it :)