PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove all files associated with an existing license in OS X 10.8.3

Franco-Jo
04-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Could someone out there please help me. I'm running OS X 10.8.3 and I need to locate all the files associated with the license I currently have installed. I have two machines running Lightwave with separate licenses and I have a plugin tied to one product lock code in particular. I need to swap the license over to the other machine so I can run that plugin on it.

In an older OS I could locate a Newtek folder in Application Support. Presumably if I were to remove this I would be all set to install the new license. Unfortunately in 10.8.3 things seem to be working differently. The Newtek folder is not in the Application Support folder but it must be somewhere because when I reinstall the software it automatically defaults back to the original license.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

jrandom
04-09-2013, 11:09 AM
I believe it should still be in Go->Library->Application Support->Newtek

You'll have to hold down the 'opt' key (I think) to get Library to show up in Finder's 'Go' menu.

Franco-Jo
04-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Thanks very much for that suggestion. Holding down the 'opt' key made all the difference and I found the folder I needed to delete! Thanks again.