PDA

View Full Version : WOW BMD hits the camera market with 2 game changers

cosbovfx
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
These are incredible cameras for an amazing price point.

Here are some quick highlights, check out their website for in depth specs http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/

s35, 4k CinemaDNG RAW, with global shutter for $4k WOW

s16 HD MFT CinemaDNG RAW for $995 double WOW

jrandom
04-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I've been hearing that the image quality on the 4K is pretty bad.

2create
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM
The little s16 cam in insane! I can't wait to see the performance. Exciting for live-action vfx projects. I'll be interesting to see how it performs against camera's like the Panasonic GH3 with all that extra latitude in the raw format.

The soon to be released m4/3 speed booster adapter should shake things up with new film-making prospects too.

cosbovfx
04-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I was not aware any footage had been shown, I have checked BMCUser, and DVXuser, on footage comments, and does not appear that anyone has seen any, The only info I have seen is that 4k, will have 12 stops DR, instead of 13 stops DR, John Brawley who does alot of tests on these cameras seams to be pretty impressed with it.

Where exactly did you hear that it was bad? I would be interested in reading what they had to say and when they got to see the footage.

jrandom
04-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Word's been bouncing around on some of the filmmaker boards I frequent, but it may have just been hearsay.

Rayek
04-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Never trust "the word" - before you actually have first hand evidence. (Or trustworthy second hand evidence). That rumor might have been spread by anyone trying to discredit BM even before it hits the market.

We'll wait and see. If that small camera keeps its promise, I'm in.