PDA

View Full Version : AVI Wrapped Files Causing Premier 6.0 lockup

RayLarson
11-07-2003, 05:05 PM
I am able to use the AVI wrapped files with DVD Workshop and other programs but when I drop them into Premiere 6.0 I get an instant crash?

Anyone have any ideas?? I have been using Premiere for it's "Print to Tape" feature. I don't have a problem with AVI rendered files from T3, just those saved with the AVI Wrapper.

RayLarson
11-10-2003, 08:29 AM
I Stand Corrected....The Files won't work in my DVD Workshop either......I need some guidance here. This was a function I was greatly looking forward to....this would have allowed me to bypass the "DV Print to Tape thru Firewire" limitation currently in T3 but importing the wrapped file directly in Premiere. Help !!

johnq
11-10-2003, 01:13 PM
I have read that the VT3 avi wrapper creates a "compressed" audio file. Some programs will load only the video portion of the avi wrapper. In that case, you can usually load a separate .wav by rendering only the audio from VT-Edit. If the 3rd party program won't work with the video from the VT3 avi wrapper, render a full avi file instead of the wrapper.

John

RayLarson
11-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Thanks John,

That's what I have been doing but was hoping to save a step. So for me...the avi wrapper is useless.

johnq
11-10-2003, 08:41 PM
I don't have Premiere 6.5 installed now. However, a few months ago I tried the first release of VT3 and its avi wrapper with P6.5 and P6.5 would crash when I tried to import the avi. Currently, with the VT3 patch #1 installed and using Premiere Pro, the VT3 avi wrapper with compressed audio works OK.

John

RayLarson
11-11-2003, 04:11 AM
I am using Premier 6.02. I have not migrated to Windows XP Pro which is required for Premier Pro. I am hoping to dump Premier as soon as print to tape and this avi wrapper situation is cleared up in T3