PDA

View Full Version : Audio Software???

ted
11-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Since it doesn't look like VT will be getting any audio sweetening software any time soon, what tools are you guys using. How much$$, how easy, how complete?

I'm looking for some basic, maybe 6 channel EQ. I want to be able to do some compression and maybe do a little editing.
I don't need much more then that since I lease one of our suites to a fantastic audio guy and we can drop files to each other for major stuff.

Something that will integrate easily with VT is a plus.
Thanks!

PIZAZZ
11-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Cool Edit Pro or now called Adobe Audition.

I have a fantastic Aardvark Q10 8 in 8 out sound card available if you want to buy it. Works great alongside the VT Card.

Jim_C
11-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Second Jef's flavor.
Adobe has a fully functional 30 day dload available.

ted
11-08-2003, 06:45 PM
It takes 30 days to download???:eek:

I'll have to check it out. I have a version of Cool Edit on another system.

I understand Bob will have some audio sweetening available as a TEd plugin eventually. THAT will be cool!

Bobt
11-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Ted its almost ready to go.
Just having some Ted SDK issues at the moment.
I will be starting off with a 10 band EQ
Each band will be spline driven.

Bob

Liber777
11-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Can anyone here compare Audition to Sound Forge in terms of its use in audio for video? Does Audition include noise reduction? This is a separate plug-in for Sound Forge.

Thanks...!
Stivan

Dave Davies
11-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Cool Edit is multi-track - Sound Forge is only 2-track. Sound Forge 6 has noise reduction built in. Cool Edit is a good mid-range choice - decent features, a few effects...,

CuBase is another good choice, but hi-end, as is Pro-Tools. I use SawPro, but it's not available anymore. Too bad IQSoft orphaned it - it's still the fastest multi-track software out there. It came with some exceptional plugins of it's own, plus you can add any DirectX and VST plugin on the market.

Stay away from Cakewalk Audio Pro - Good fo sequencing, but it's still learning to do what the other packages have been doing for years.

Dave Davies

ted
11-09-2003, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the input guys...don't stop!
But I like the thought of using Bob's plugins directly in TEd!!!

RayLarson
03-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Cool Edit has been my workhorse for years. I am not about to pay Adobe $249 to upgrade when what I have works great. My only problem is I had it on another machine and when I transferred it to my T3 I lost the multitrack functionality I had. Have the screen but it didn't transfer the reqistration key I guess. Wish I could get it to work...it's perfect for those quick fixes. The rest of the program works fine, it's just the multitrack I lost...guess I could live without it. If anyone can help me out dron me an e-mail at [email protected] Thanks