PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find sample content with good Color vertex map examples?

sami
04-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi does anyone have any links to, or tell me which LW Content file has, or would be willing to share with me any models with interesting or complex color vertex maps that I can play with and learn from?

I know how to use them, but I'd like to see some good examples of how people are using Color maps to their best in models. Thanks! :)

nickdigital
04-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I assume you've seen these tutes?

https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/article/texture-tutorial-intro-to-color-vertex-maps/

(this one has annoying background music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G65rUEud8RE

sami
04-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks - yup I've seen the William Vaughn one, and now I've got that other one's guitar riff in my head ;)

But I actually need some models/content to play with and load and check out up close. Do you know where I can find some examples? Does the William Vaughn one have downloadable content to play with somewhere?

nickdigital
04-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Do you know where I can find some examples? Does the William Vaughn one have downloadable content to play with somewhere?

Maybe it was bundled with one of the LW contents? I just quickly browsed through the 9 content and I didn't see anything that looked like it pertained to that tutorial, but I just did a quick glance. I didn't actually load any of the files.

I guess the quick workaround would be to just dummy up some content on your own, but it sounds like you're looking to see it's use in a real production model.

nickdigital
04-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Do you know where I can find some examples? Does the William Vaughn one have downloadable content to play with somewhere?

Maybe it was bundled with one of the LW contents? I just quickly browsed through the 9 content and I didn't see anything that looked like it pertained to that tutorial, but I just did a quick glance. I didn't actually load any of the files.

I guess the quick workaround would be to just dummy up some content on your own, but it sounds like you're looking to see it's use in a real production model.

sami
04-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Yup that's exactly what I'm after - some production (or at least other people's use of) color maps in a model or two....

nickdigital
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Maybe William will spoil us with his generosity and post one of the files from the tutorial. Or maybe someone else will.