PDA

View Full Version : RAYFIRE- Destroy after your needs! to bad no standalone.

prometheus
04-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Aint it a shame this destruction plugin canīt be standalone?

Awesome ways to destruct and crack pieces as you want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_2qKQpxCRw

You got to love all the voronoi fracture options like radial voronoi and shapes or geometry destruction tools, and the voronoi tesselation.

Michael

ActionBob
04-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Aint it a shame this destruction plugin canīt be standalone?

Awesome ways to destruct and crack pieces as you want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_2qKQpxCRw

You got to love all the voronoi fracture options like radial voronoi and shapes or geometry destruction tools, and the voronoi tesselation.

Michael

If I had the money and the patience (I really don't like max's interface), I would buy Max just for this ability.... Very nice......

erikals
04-03-2013, 11:33 AM
$355, an alright price.

most of this stuff (everything?) is possible in LW though, just takes a bit more time.

ActionBob
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
I admit that I need to play around with it a bit more to see if I can drive fracture with interesting textures. I have already thought out a destructive scene with bullet, but I would prefer to not have to bake motions and recalculate for secondary explosion control, etc... Always looking for quicker and easier. :-)

MMMMmmmm easier control.... MMmmmmmm...

-Adrian C.

shrox
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM

prometheus
04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
$355, an alright price.

most of this stuff (everything?) is possible in LW though, just takes a bit more time.

mm..nahh.not sure about that, but depends on how you approach it of course, and as you said..take a bit of more time, A lot of more time I would say.
radial voronoi and simply using a curve geometry to divide pieces ..not sure about that.

Michael

lwanmtr
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Looks cool. The different fractures like the radial and veronal are very cool. The wood one is nice too. Maybe Fracture in LW will see some improvements in that direction.

That being said, though, It is possible to approximate those same cuts by using planned out fracutre guides in Modeler.

In the middle of some things, so I cant play with it right now...maybe I'll see if I can get close later (without a ton of work...lol).

ShadowMystic
04-03-2013, 06:37 PM
$355, an alright price.

I've had too much freezing and inorganic fracturing to agree with that. If you've had more success, more power too you...

prometheus
04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
I've had too much freezing and inorganic fracturing to agree with that. If you've had more success, more power too you...

yes..You have to be careful with the spray points tool and how many points used, got freezing a lot of the times too, and fracturing not as expected really, one thing I though should be easy was to simply draw a spline with proper amount of points, then run the fracture tool ..but that doesnīt work, not even if I kill polys and just use points.

The best tool in there to cut exact pieces of what you want..is the hidden csg_slice if you create your pieces in a background layer covering the piece you should cut in to, perfect cut out shapes mostly, but that also yields extra fracture on those pieces, even though they are one piece connected so to speak, otherwise it is the spray points tool, or a simple spline curve tool that should be able to create cracked pieces along the curve shape or sprayed points, csg_slice doesnt do that.

Ivé Been experimenting with the dpont tree plugin, and creating in line mode..a tree branch and the flatten using set value on y, and then use some drill options, but that cant break the pieces on a solid object, could be used to stencil or slice a flat plane, then use unweld to separate parts and then extrude or thicken it.

Would be nice if we could use curves and line patterns or illustrator eps,polylines or curves in conjuction with destroy tools in a better way.
Also some sort of L-system would be nice.

with some work you can of course use illustrator and live trace image cracks, expand the paths and save out to eps and then use that as a cookie cutter, would only really
work well on flat planes though.

With rayfire, such tools seems built in and much more powerful and friendly.

Michael

erikals
04-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Ivé Been experimenting with the dpont tree plugin, and creating in line mode..a tree branch and the flatten using set value on y, and then use some drill options, but that cant break the pieces on a solid object, could be used to stencil or slice a flat plane, then use unweld to separate parts and then extrude or thicken it.

:hey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFj1-Wb3I8

djwaterman
04-04-2013, 01:29 AM
We really need the secondary fracturing, currently you can have a situation where things are breaking apart and those parts can start intersecting with each other if they are being forced together with nowhere to go, if they could fracture a second time when this occurs that would be more true to life. I'm sure that will happen in some future upgrade.

tyrot
04-04-2013, 01:35 AM
erikals you rock! :)

btw. i have spent another 3 hours in your youtube channel - amazing info over there.. I realized many new things you updated... so..

Can you open a brand new Thread about your videos here in NT forum?.. We can discuss some of usage - etc. You can also update your videos link over there for us to find new updates. Because last night your plugin videos saved me couple of hours.. So i am sure "ERIKALS' - the PLUGINS " thread would be a true gem for many users -

prometheus
04-04-2013, 07:43 AM
:hey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFj1-Wb3I8

You forgot to unweld:D

Nice method there erikals, I didnīt know that so it will be handy, though I might use ordinary curves or px bezier in line mode with smooth angles and and then merge points with a fixed value, or use
the poor mans L-system method with dpont tree line structure and flatten.

This divides the pieces but..
Unfortunatly I dont see a good way to fracture a segment so you have fracture segment pieces along those curves as it does in Rayfire, think the only
way is to use spray points tool here, but with unstable results, would have been nice if it simply could fracture from those lines.

And this only works with flat poly planes, not full solid volume.

Michael

erikals
04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
erikals you rock! :)
thanks man! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif :hey:

btw. i have spent another 3 hours in your youtube channel - amazing info over there.. I realized many new things you updated... so..

Can you open a brand new Thread about your videos here in NT forum?.. We can discuss some of usage - etc. You can also update your videos link over there for us to find new updates. Because last night your plugin videos saved me couple of hours.. So i am sure "ERIKALS' - the PLUGINS " thread would be a true gem for many users -

thanks, i will consider it, many tests an projects (some my own, some for others) but i'll see if i can make it so.
the latest once are always available here though >
http://www.youtube.com/user/erikalst/videos?flow=grid&view=0

but maybe i should make a dedicated thread for them as well?...

thanks again, it's very nice to see they are of good use http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

prometheus
04-04-2013, 09:24 AM
I need to have some sort of erikals "video weekend" with popcorns, havenīt browsed through all of your videos yet...thanks.

Man if someone could find a good process to implement videolinks in to a Lightwave helpsystem, so when you do your search of magic bevel in the help system
you get resource link that links to letīsay your example.
Would probably be an overwhelming task..not for a one mans job, but quite a lot of guys in the community would probably need to contribute somehow.

Just think about that there are still missing help for some tools and the help system hasnt updated old some of the old ones.

Michael

erikals
04-04-2013, 09:59 AM
erikals "video weekend" with popcorns

hehe http://www.as3-web.org/discuss/Smileys/default/popcorn.gif sounds great, wish i could attend! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

tyrot
04-04-2013, 10:11 AM
come on Erikals start that thread - there are so many things to discuss - I am sure it will be THE PLUGIN thread of all time...

ShadowMystic
04-05-2013, 04:34 PM
One thing I have seen is impact-based fracturing done in RayFire I.e. VideoCopilot's shattered crystal ball.
Fracture can't do it. Not even close. =lm pretty sure that would require unification(never thought I'd say that.)

prometheus
04-05-2013, 07:45 PM
One thing I have seen is impact-based fracturing done in RayFire I.e. VideoCopilot's shattered crystal ball.
Fracture can't do it. Not even close. =lm pretty sure that would require unification(never thought I'd say that.)

Yes..that is indeed handy, and it cant be a mystery why Rayfire seems to have been used widely for a lot of big destruction scenes.

I hope we can get particles truly intergrated with all bullet tools, sort of what modo just implemented it seems.
It would be some steps more to get bullet fracture on impact base, the beauty of it would be not having to detail plain exactly where impact should be, and therefore no need to destruct
geometry unecessary ..but only at impact...right where it is needed.

Michael

prometheus
04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Trying to acheive a voronoi fracture tesselation as seen at 1.13 seems totally impossible, and to get anything near the results shown in rayfire within Lightwave.
would be very sweet to have instant rock variations.

anyone able to get close..please provide info on it here.

Michael

- - - Updated - - -

and..amazingly clean cuts compared to fracture.
I recall the old crack it having much sweeter fractalized cuts actually.

lwanmtr
04-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I've been playing to try and get the more ordered look of that, which has proven difficult...

If you mean Internal pieces, that's easy to accomplish. Just use a background object as your template for the fracture. For this I put a sphere in a background, inside the box.
For myself, I like the randomness of it, but I can see times when you might want a more ordered cut.

Netvudu
04-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Yes..that is indeed handy, and it cant be a mystery why Rayfire seems to have been used widely for a lot of big destruction scenes.

I hope we can get particles truly intergrated with all bullet tools, sort of what modo just implemented it seems.
It would be some steps more to get bullet fracture on impact base, the beauty of it would be not having to detail plain exactly where impact should be, and therefore no need to destruct
geometry unecessary ..but only at impact...right where it is needed.

Michael

I thought I would chime in, and say that being able to dynamically fracture on the impact point in Houdini, 99% of the time this feature is used for secondary objects, or at least, secondary fractures for your main object. You almost never dynamically fracture for your "hero" object main collisions because... well... because it doesnīt look the way the director/artist wants and it ainīt controllable.
i.e. You want your 3-ton statue to first loose the arm and then the head and then the little finger and not the thumb first just because dynamic fracturing decided so.

so...it is a good thing to have, but never the first resort.

prometheus
04-11-2013, 09:20 AM
I've been playing to try and get the more ordered look of that, which has proven difficult...

If you mean Internal pieces, that's easy to accomplish. Just use a background object as your template for the fracture. For this I put a sphere in a background, inside the box.
For myself, I like the randomness of it, but I can see times when you might want a more ordered cut.

I donīt follow you here, what do you mean and refer to?

Weird..I donīt get any email reply on this thread whenever someone post something, other threads seems to work mostly.

Michael

lwanmtr
04-11-2013, 02:08 PM
I was referring to earlier posts, someone mentioned the tasselation.