PDA

View Full Version : Livetext cannot connect to tricaster

nedb
04-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I am on the west coast and about to webcast four days of World Trials in Swimming. I am running LiveText 2.12 and iVGA Pro. The TriCaster sees the computer but not the CG graphics?? Help!

Zane Condren
04-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Ned, make sure the firewall on both machines is off and that the network connection is set to home or work within the network settings panel in windows.

nedb
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Ned, make sure the firewall on both machines is off and that the network connection is set to home or work within the network settings panel in windows.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Zane... Both the TriCaster and the LiveText 2.12 laptop are on Office network BUT the TriCaster says it is on Network 9 and the laptop says Network 7... It shows it as a media device. Firewalls, including Domain firewall are OFF... Same thing... the TriCaster sees the desktop (i.e. LiveText open but not CG)!!

iVGA Pro shows as running... BUT LiveText says (upper right hand corner of men) that it is Disconnected!

Zane Condren
04-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Hi Ned,

Are you using a network switch or router between LiveText and the TriCaster or are you connecting them directly? If you are connecting them directly via network cable I would go into the network settings and assign them static IPs.

kanep
04-03-2013, 08:59 AM
TriCaster says it is on Network 9 and the laptop says Network 7...

These are just network names as each Windows system seems them. It wouldn't have any effect on them seeing each other because these names don't match. If you want to change the names so they match, you can just click on the icon next to the network name in the Network and Sharing Center.

I would do as Zane recommends and try the direct connection with static IPs. If that works, then the issue must be something on your networking blocking the data.

nedb
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Hi Ned,

Are you using a network switch or router between LiveText and the TriCaster or are you connecting them directly? If you are connecting them directly via network cable I would go into the network settings and assign them static IPs.

Hi Zane and Kane... You are both correct... Fortunately, Swim Canada (who is hosting the World Championship Trials in Victoria) sent an IT/LiveText expert!! He had the same problem several times before. He went into the DOS level and found different IP's assigned to every device—the LiveText laptop, 3Play 425 and the TriCaster. Did his magic and LiveText immediately connected as did 3Play.

I'll get him to post his solution onto this discussion thread so others might not have to endure a sleepless night before a big shoot.