PDA

View Full Version : Incoming TCB key Tension

probiner
04-02-2013, 01:05 PM
There's something annoying when laying down keyframes with with the default LightWave graph interpolation, TCB: Animation spilling beyond the set keyframes.

Example:
Make a null, go to frame 10 and move it to X=1 and then on frame 20 just make a new keyframe. From 10 to 20 the Null will twich, even though the position is the same. This bad as a default behavior. Means that any animation between hold-keys frame will be compromised and make one track them down and fix it.

So basically this is a simple request to add below "Default Incoming Curve" on Graph Editor Options a field like "Default Tension" that could go from -1 to 1.
I would have it set to 1 all the time so all my new keys would have animations starting and finishing at them and no spills.
In softimage for example you get spine beziers that can be created with a plateau slope, giving type of result than Tension set to 1.

Note: Continuity and Bias fields ( Continuity -1 can be useful) could be also added, though I see Tension +1 as something fundamental. This "Default Tension" input could also affect the Hermite Spline rotation (-1 vertical, 0 flat, 1 vertical rotated)

Cheers

ridasaleeb2
04-16-2013, 07:45 AM
I recommend TCB-Pro: Character part presets. Eg. The swing of an arm/goal has different peaks.troughs and momentum curves, compared to a foot, and different again from the head movement. Also auto-snapping option as a look-ahead function, to stop unwanted gliding/roll of a hold (ie:bewteen identical values of adjacent keys). These can be assignable "Motion Options to parts/ null goals, or whatever).

probiner
08-17-2013, 10:01 PM
What's TCB Pro? Googled and nothing come out. Sorry for mega late reply, but somehow your post went under my radar