PDA

View Full Version : 11.5 Modeler and Layout run fine......

Snosrap
04-01-2013, 10:52 PM
11.5 Modeler and Layout run fine when either or the other is not running. But when both are running and the moment I switch back to Modeler to make an adjustment on a model, both Modeler and Layout stop working. I've trashed configs and deleted hub files from C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\ as well as here C:\Users\Tim\.NewTek\LightWave\11.5 and Modeler and Layout still lockup. I even went so far as to uninstall and re-install LW and they will still lockup after a fresh install and default configs. I've been using LW for many years and have always run it with the hub on with very little trouble, if any. Does anybody have any ideas. How can I run LW without the hub, if nothing else I could maybe then confirm that it is causing the issue? Thanks for any help.

Lewis
04-02-2013, 12:52 AM
you can add -0 to your start icon and it'll not start HUB, or even add -i (isolate) and will cut all communication between them ('coz even without hub they communicate on some smaller level).

Here is my start line with isolated mode and configs redirection

C:\LW11_5x64\bin\Modeler.exe -i -cC:\LW11_5x64\configs

JonW
04-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Touch wood! LW11.5 has been really good, Modeler & Layout have been syncing really well. I've had issues in the past (not that I've got a complex setup, & also as LW get the PCs for itself!) but its good so far. (running XP64)