PDA

View Full Version : A reasonable Tricaster 40 request

adebats
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Understanding why there are many disabled functions in the Tricaster 40 and I agreeing with them except for one.

In the pre-newtek days, the little cheap mixer I took to event would handle many things including allowing my to overlay my PC 2nd screen for live graphics.

One of my colleagues recently did a gig in Australia so a nice little 12,000 mile trip and took the 40 for space reasons on the flight (and the job was basic mixing). But we discovered that the most important LiveMatte button was missing - the luma limit. This means that the PC screen which is black could not be luma'd out properly and we ended up with a pretty below par show graphicwise. My two-penneth (maybe 2 cents worth) across the pond is to bring this LiveMatte function back as removing the most useful element from it makes the LiveMatte pretty unusable to us now sadly and it is a function that all mixers can handle so not sure why it was removed.

adebats
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Is this reasonable Steve ?

SBowie
04-03-2013, 11:10 AM
It is inconceivable to me that you would be unreasonable. Adrian. ;)

(I'm looking into this, but it's a hectic time.)

SBowie
04-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Can I ask, btw, why you wanted to use a black bg, in preference to ... oh, almost anything else?

adebats
04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
oh yes that small little shindig going on there - I'm happy to wait of course. Some of the old software works with black background as the older mixers used to be better with luma keying than chroma.

But you are right and it would only take me a few hours to rewrite the code to have a green background say.

I think my point still stands though as the luma paramter is useful on any colour isn't it ?

Anyway get NAB out of the way first and come back bud.