PDA

View Full Version : MP4 video file as a backdrop image sequence

Wade
04-01-2013, 06:14 AM
I am unable to load a MP4 file to use as background video footage - or as a "background" image.
The message "could not load clip. Unsupported file type and/or file not found". The file is there and sould load if LW missing this as an option for an image imput? Should I reload the imput output plugins? Video is from a Gopro3 Black edition set at 1920x1080 fram rate might be 28fps...

Anyone useing Mp4s?

Thanks Wade

prometheus
04-01-2013, 06:20 AM
you are using the 64 bit version right?
Apple quicktime isnīt supporting 64 bit systems, very weird..but thatīs how it is,.
wonder when the heck they gonna start supporting it?

Unfortunatly you probably need to install 32 bit too, and try that..think it should work, at least for me it does.
Or load seuqence in on another format such as avi, or png sequence images.

Michael

Wade
04-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Yes you are right 64 windows vista.. So that would be it and yet I can play the file in just plain QucikTime player.

So I would think that there is some option that I might be missing or proper image loader for LW has yet to be written. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place as Premier CS6 won't run on Vista so I can no easily convert the file either.

I'll load up LW 32bit and give it a try thanks.

prometheus
04-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Yes you are right 64 windows vista.. So that would be it and yet I can play the file in just plain QucikTime player.

So I would think that there is some option that I might be missing or proper image loader for LW has yet to be written. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place as Premier CS6 won't run on Vista so I can no easily convert the file either.

I'll load up LW 32bit and give it a try thanks.

so youré on vista? Huhh...I would skip that if possible.
I suspect Premiere CS6 might not support it, but not sure about that.

windows 7 works fine, but I am using CS3 still.