PDA

View Full Version : Remember Layout's Preview Options & codec settings!

sami
03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Highly frustrating that the "Make Preview" in Layout doesn't seem to remember the Preview Options settings - particularly the codec you choose - it should be saved in the LW config or in each scene file. Like I really want to wait for the preview to complete to realize that it made me an AVI in "Microsoft RLE" format or whatever is at the top of the list. Sure it saves it during the session so subsequent previews have the right codec, but between boots/launches of Layout you have to remember to go into Preview Options to reset the codec settings.

thanks!

sami
04-03-2013, 05:44 AM
:cursin: And one more thing. PLEASE DON'T reset the codec (to Microsoft RLE or whatever NT01 is -- even VLC can't play it!!) when you do a "Free Preview" !!

I just made 10 preview videos thinking they were fine and to free memory from the last preview I was doing the free between "Save Preview"s and it turns out I just saved 9 useless unplayable previews all at various Perspective angles that I specifically chose; and now, I have lost them all and have to recreate eveything all over again - just because this gets reset!

I want to trust my software and hate it when I have to double check every setting before I make a move. Seriously, what use case is changing preview options to the first one over and over again? If I want the Black Magic codec or whatever I choose, please LEAVE it at that.

thanks!