PDA

View Full Version : Particle info node documentation?

merovingio
03-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Hi all,

i can't find any documentation about the particle info node. Expecially the integer connection named "Count". I can't find it in any of the manuals.

Thank you

Sensei
03-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Number of particles created by emitter?

jeric_synergy
03-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Is that a native node? I ask because there's several 3rd party similar nodes.

merovingio
04-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Yes, it is a native mode. What i am trying to do is to "detect" when particles ar nearby another mesh normals. I want to deform this second mesh when particles approach.

merovingio
04-01-2013, 04:06 AM
*node, not mode, sorry.

RebelHill
04-01-2013, 05:11 AM
If you note, the native node has no "emitter" option... so its like spot info, it only relates to the item (in this case emitter) its attached to. So for instance, you'd use the native particle info in the node editor for HVs, to get info about the particles for that HV group.

For your described purpose, you want DPs particle info node which can read info from any chosen emitter in the scene... from there, spot info to report your objects vertices, particle position, vector>distance to get how close they are, etc...

merovingio
04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Thank you very much. I'll give it a try.

jeric_synergy
04-01-2013, 12:21 PM
i can't find any documentation about the particle info node. Expecially the integer connection named "Count". I can't find it in any of the manuals.
Thank you
If this is true, PLEASE report it to fogbugz.

All errors and omissions in the documentation are being addressed through fogbugz, but if they're not reported there's not much BeeVee can do about it.

merovingio
04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
If this is true, PLEASE report it to fogbugz.

Ok Jeric, i'll double check this out later. I must see all the manuals, addendum, and what's new we have at now since 10.0! By the way we should have a unified manual :D

Back to the topic:
I am working on it and it looks promising. The only thing i don't understand is something in the Particle info node. I see that there are three buttons called nearest, index and ID. According to manual the "Nearest mode is for retreiving the nearest particle or the current particle itself". "Nearest" to the given spot i presume.
But what Index and ID exactly means? I think ID is the specific number of a specific particle but i can't imagine what index is.

Is there a way to tell nodes to consider all the particles? I am a bit confused.