PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade price?

scarabrae
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Guys

Wondering if anyone can clarify the upgrade price to 11.5. I have a license for LW 10 and bought into the core program some time back.

Thanks

nickdigital
03-31-2013, 09:32 AM
There's a thread in the Core section of the forum that outlines the pricing tier for those that bought into Core.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?127673-Good-News-on-Purchase-Terms-Changes-for-HardCORE-Special-Pricing

scarabrae
03-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Guys

Wondering if anyone can clarify the upgrade price to 11.5. I have a license for LW 10 and bought into the core program some time back.

Thanks

Cheers

Wolfgang Mildne
04-01-2013, 04:03 AM
There's a thread in the Core section of the forum that outlines the pricing tier for those that bought into Core.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?127673-Good-News-on-Purchase-Terms-Changes-for-HardCORE-Special-Pricing

Thanks for the link. I have been out of the formum too long and now I am confused about the upgrade policy of LW. Sorry if this question has been put to the forum before.

I run LW 11.5, because it was released during my paid upgrade period, which now - according to my assessment - should come to an end. My last info was that I am supposed to refresh my HardCore membership on an annually basis. I expected some email from NT to remind me of an open or upcoming payment, but nothing happened until now.

Can anybody please clarify or explain to me, how the upgrade to LW 12 etc. will be managed?

Shabazzy
04-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Can anybody please clarify or explain to me, how the upgrade to LW 12 etc. will be managed?

As you may know the original Lightwave CORE program was terminated and as such all Hardcore members were advised that the annual renewal policy was no longer needed.

Instead, the requirement is that all Hardcore members will still retain the privileges of the membership with regards to the discount pricing of the next 5 releases (after LW 9.6) only if they upgrade on every release and don't skip any. If you skip a release, you forfeit your membership discount.

So although in your account it might say that your Hardcore membership has expired, in reality it hasn't. You're still a member so long as you continue upgrading up until LW15.

Hope this helps.

Shabazzy

Wolfgang Mildne
04-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for your response. Yes I was aware of the termination of HardCore as it was.

The post of Chuck says that the grace period is not required anymore. What I understood from this is that having LW 11.5 I have to pay for LW 12.0. But do I have to pay before it is released or before the next 12.X is released? And how do I know, which X is free and which is not?

nickdigital
04-01-2013, 08:10 AM
I interpret it as meaning you have to buy 12 before 13 is released.

All point versions are free.

Shabazzy
04-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Chuck's post means that you have to pay for every x.0 release incrementally as they come out. As Nick Digital says, all point releases are free.

So, you would pay for 12.0, 13.0, 14.0 and 15.0, but you wouldn't pay for 12.1, 12.2, 12.5 etc because these are point releases. Therefore having 11.5 in your possession now means that the next time you pay for an upgrade will be when or after 12.0 is released, then the next time will be 13.0 and so on and so on.

However, bear in mind that even if you wait to upgrade to 12.0 and then NT release (for example) 12.5, if you decided to upgrade to 12.5 and skip 12.0, this will still count as being within the rules for maintaining your Core membership discount, because you upgraded before 13.0 got released. You didn't jump from 11.0 to 13.0.

Confused much?

Shabazzy

Wolfgang Mildne
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks to you all of you,

this makes sense to me and seems to be a much better policy than before :)

No confusion anymore ... ;)