PDA

View Full Version : External Disk recognition

matthias-web
03-31-2013, 07:16 AM
Hi!

For Tricaster 8000 (may apply to others as well):
When plugging in an external harddisk (eSata) while Tricaster is running, the new drive is recognized by Windows (as it can be checked using the browser of an DDR for example), but: the new drive is not shown in the Record Configuration "Save to".
It would be very helpful if this list could be refreshed with the available drives when opening the Record Config window. When running live it is difficult to close and restart the Tricaster interface only for this.

Many thanks for taking into consideration!

Best regards,
Matthias

Dominicc
04-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this. But NewTek doesn't bless this ability I believe. Hence the reason for 4 drive bays in the front of the 8000. I think the eSATA port is only for using to offload media to an external drive.

SBowie
04-02-2013, 01:03 PM
As far as I know, this should work. Is it only when you mount the drive after launching the session that it doesn't seem to? (I'm assuming the drive is formatted as NTFS and has a reasonable amount of free space on it). If the drive is in good working order, NTFS, and has room, it should behave similarly to one of the hot-swap drives, albeit with a slightly lower datarate.