PDA

View Full Version : Just want to share a warm fuzzy or two

Spinland
03-30-2013, 07:31 AM
In the past 24 hours I've run into three situations where I wanted to do something in my current project and didn't know how to pull it off. In every case I've found posts here where someone has generously shared their knowledge--even posted an illustrative example.

Wow, you guys (and this forum) are great.

In my past life as a software engineering defense contractor I knew far too many people who considered hoarding knowledge as part and parcel of their job security. I am so glad I jumped ship.

:beerchug:

safetyman
03-30-2013, 08:52 AM
+1... Most helpful community ever!

tyrot
03-30-2013, 09:53 AM
+1 I LIVE in this forum -

It is like having a HUGE R&D development team for your humble business. I learned a lot, learning a lot. Too many awesome people here.. cannot name enough .

I mean where you can find a guy like Erikals - when he replies you he gives you the PLUGIN link PLUS video tutorial about it too. Cageman, Lino, Dodgy, Matt, RebelHill, Juan... and many many others.. their threads saved my business from countless MAX threats over the years..

THanks for the thread ... THanks Lightwave for gathering a great 3D community....

prometheus
03-31-2013, 07:29 AM
Im behind the philosophy of sharing too..and express thanks to everyone doing so, doesn´t necessary mean you have to disclose every trade secret you know and all your knowledge
you worked so hard for, just helping guys out a little on their issues is a wonderful thing.

In the end..sharing might be so very helpful for all of us in the community, with the solving of issues or with our beloved Lightwave tool itself.

Michael

nickdigital
03-31-2013, 09:52 AM
I admit I'm no expert but I still try to help when I can because I can sympathize with the frustration of having a cool image in your mind but then struggling with the tool because you haven't mastered it.