PDA

View Full Version : Can't find *.cache file.

mdharman
03-27-2013, 06:07 PM
One of my students had this problem today. When we open his scene file we get "Can't find proj301.cache file." We hit skip and everything opens like normal. This happens on all five scene files on this simple project (one lws per camera). It is no problem except we can't use the render cue. GI/radiosity iis not used on any scene. What's wrong?

Amurrell
03-27-2013, 07:34 PM
I get the same error when closing a file in Layout as well. Not sure what it is looking for or why.

mdharman
03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
I should have said, I'm using LW 10.1 64 bit on Windows.

Danner
03-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Never had that problem, you could try to turn the GI on and turn on the cache, then off, to see if that resets the setting. A sure fire method would be to open the scenes in a text editor, look for the line that reads RadiosityCacheFilePath and just delete it and any reference to that cache file in the next line or two.

mdharman
03-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Great advice Danner. I will try both of your suggestions in the morning. Thanks!

mdharman
03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
I tried both solutions (adding a GI cache and then removing it; altering lws file with notepad) and neither worked. I did delete the configs and the seemed to fix the problems.

Danner
03-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Good to know, thanx for posting the answer, this problem is sure tu come up again and this will help someone.

Taran-Q
06-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Same problem over here after upgrade to 11.5.1. Can anyone from Newtek tell us what's going on. Don't want to delete my config's as I have to save and load all my user specific settings.shortcuts/menu layouts etc

Airwaves
08-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Same problem over here after upgrade to 11.5.1. Can anyone from Newtek tell us what's going on. Don't want to delete my config's as I have to save and load all my user specific settings.shortcuts/menu layouts etc

I am getting the same problem with the 11.6 pre release. I do not know how to delete configs and what does that do anyway? Anybody have instructions on how to do this? Thanks