PDA

View Full Version : How to Join two mesh?

AmigaNewTek
03-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Hello,

how would you join two object together? Example: a leg and a tight, both made with several poligons, even with different number of faces. There's a tool that can do this automatically?

sandman300
03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
depends on the situation. Bridge or skin could be used. Depending on the complexity, I might just create the polys by hand.

AmigaNewTek
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
For me it's rather complex. The two object have different faces. I've cut an object from another file. I have to join a tight with a leg. Would be better to adapt the two objects to have the same number of faces?
I know the bridge tool, but what doi you mean with "skin"?

nickdigital
03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
There's a "Create Skin" tool. It'll bridge between polys that don't have the same number of points. The results are ok...if you can clean up your ends as best you can so the point count is the same that'd be best.

prometheus
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
the create skin tool is located under multiply/extend/more....a little hidden away.
Also note that if you select the two poly parts and run it, the faces will be flipped inwards, so you might want to press "f" to flip them first before running the the skin command, otherwise you
have to select it later and flip.
The align command fixing reversed polys, seems broken.

Skin tool not that usable for subdivs though, requires manual fixing afterwards.

Michael