PDA

View Full Version : Advice would great.

Tony3d
03-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Ok, other than making a curve, and a length of twisted wire, then exporting them to layout, and using conform to curve, then saving as a transformed object, is there any easier way for me to make twisted strands along a curved shape? To bad rail extrude won' allow you to twist along the path. I just got LWCAD, but can see no way to do it in that. Any help would be great! Thanks.

COBRASoft
03-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi, this is quite easy actually. Make your base shape (e.g. 5 circles) and add it to the 2lib as a new shape. Then, on another layer, draw your curve (line tool in curve mode). Once done, use profiler and use your created shape. While in profiler mode, select the last node and change the rotation to e.g. 900. you'll see that your shape is extruded over the curve, with rotation.

P.S.: Px_Bezier is another option.

Tony3d
03-27-2013, 08:47 AM
OMG. In the car right now. Can't wait to get home, and try this.

Tony3d
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi, this is quite easy actually. Make your base shape (e.g. 5 circles) and add it to the 2lib as a new shape. Then, on another layer, draw your curve (line tool in curve mode). Once done, use profiler and use your created shape. While in profiler mode, select the last node and change the rotation to e.g. 900. you'll see that your shape is extruded over the curve, with rotation.

P.S.: Px_Bezier is another option.

Ok, I need help with this. I don't know what you mean by select last node. I made three circles, and a curve. Saved the circles in lib2. Now what?

kosmodave
03-27-2013, 01:39 PM
A very good tutorial can be found here:

http://www.trhlogos.dk/main.html

It's tutorial 22 I think. Check out his other tutorials too as they are all very good :thumbsup:.

Dave

COBRASoft
03-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Put the curve in the foreground layer, no background layer needed for this one. Use Profiler, click and drag your mouse so the profiling appears. Choose your created shape from the shape library and adjust the size as you wish. You will see multiple nodes (normally a begining and an end). While still in profiling mode, click on the end node and change the rotation, you should see the twisting happen.

Tony3d
03-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Put the curve in the foreground layer, no background layer needed for this one. Use Profiler, click and drag your mouse so the profiling appears. Choose your created shape from the shape library and adjust the size as you wish. You will see multiple nodes (normally a begining and an end). While still in profiling mode, click on the end node and change the rotation, you should see the twisting happen.

Ok, got it. Thanks.