PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with LWCAD

Tony3d
03-24-2013, 11:25 AM
First off is this legend correct? aren't the letters suppose to be in the boxes? Also, I'm really having problems trying to get the expected results from some of the primitive tools, especially the Arc tool. I really don't understand it's operation. Any help would be great! Thanks.

CaptainMarlowe
03-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Nope there is a problem with your open GL. Letters should be in the box.
As for the arc tool, it does require some time to get used to it. I still have some difficulties with it, especially when I forget to switch between 3points, tangent or angle. Snapping can also be disturbing when using the arc tool in my experience, so I sometimes disable it temporarily.

hrgiger
03-24-2013, 02:07 PM
The trick to the arc tool is to click where you want your first point and don't let up on your click. Keep your mouse button pressed while you drag to your second point and then let go. Now you can drag to draw out your arc. You can click quickly once and then click a second time and then draw out the arc but I find it safer to just keep the mouse button pressed until I'm ready to draw out the arc.

Concerning the OpenGL buttons, I've found some quirkyness with them depending on your vantage point and zoom level. Try zooming out some and see if the letters return to the boxes. You may need to shift-A to zoom in close to the area you're working on and then restart the tool.

Snosrap
03-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Most likely the letters in the boxes display issue is caused by not having your GL setting set to Legacy Open GL. Check the checkbox and see if that clears up that issue. :) For whatever reason LWCad doesn't like the new OpenGL tech that NT added a few versions ago.

Tony3d
03-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Ok, thanks everyone. This all helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely the letters in the boxes display issue is caused by not having your GL setting set to Legacy Open GL. Check the checkbox and see if that clears up that issue. :) For whatever reason LWCad doesn't like the new OpenGL tech that NT added a few versions ago.

Wonder if Vicktor is aware of this?

Snosrap
03-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Ok, thanks everyone. This all helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if Vicktor is aware of this?Yes- he even mentions it in his docs.