PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Skelegons

A.Russell
11-06-2003, 10:53 PM
When I put bones into my model in modeler, I usually get a few invisible bones. When I look in the Skelegon Tree, I can see them, but I can't select or delete them.

When I open the model up in Layout and convert skelegons to bones, the skelegons that were invisible in Modeler come up as huge bones sticking out of my model's back.

How do I get rid of these bones in Modeler? I can't find a way to select or delete them.

thekho
11-07-2003, 06:52 AM
Use polgyons mode then select this bone and delete them if you want.

A.Russell
11-07-2003, 07:04 AM
The thing is, I can't see them to select them.

thekho
11-07-2003, 07:28 AM
I don't understand thats you get invisible bones. Could u post a pic?

A.Russell
11-07-2003, 07:36 AM
Here is a pic of the model in Modeler, and the same model in Layout after skelegons to bones. Where did the giant bones sticking out of her back come from? How do I get rid of them in Modeler?

http://www.clubvarie.com/Pictures/boneprob1.jpg http://www.clubvarie.com/Pictures/boneprob2.jpg

spinn
11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
i guess you got this notification "x zero length scelegons were found. they will be converted into default bones"?

this means that your model contains a number of one-point skelegons. this is how to delete them:

1. in modeler, open polygon statistics window. (w key in polygon mode)

2. select all skelegons.

3. unselect all polygons with two or more points.

now, only zero-length skelegons will be selected. hit del and import your model to layout again.

cute model btw :)
cheers mate.

thekho
11-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Oh..i see. Ok, you select this model and hit hide selected then you can see this bones and delete them if you want. Then you hit a unhide which your model bring back when you done this bones.

A.Russell
11-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Thank you both. I was able to get rid of the offending skelegons.

And thanks for the comments about my model. it is the first character model I have tried to make.