PDA

View Full Version : Interest in a live Character/Organic Modeling workshop?

WilliamVaughan
03-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Interest in a live Character/Organic Modeling workshop?

For quite some time I have wanted to put together a character/organic modeling workshop where I could cover all the tips and techniques I have developed over the years working on the hundreds (+) of character models and organic meshes I have created.

Although training videos are a useful resource and I will continue to produce them, I’m a firm believer in the “butts in seats” teaching method and think it’s unmatched. I’m in a unique position where I have access to a state of the art facility that would work perfect for hosting a workshop where I could not only lecture, but each artist attending could follow along on a high end system. It is my opinion that no form of written or video instruction can replace a live environment with this hands-on approach to training with the instructor by your side.

Simply put… If I put together a workshop… I want to do it right and deliver the best experience possible.

I’m curious to see what the interest would be from the community. If there is enough interest I can pull the trigger immediately.
I would want to host the workshops in Orlando Florida. This would allow anyone traveling to bring their family and let them enjoy the theme parks while we geek out over points and polys… fun for the whole family and an easy sell to your significant other.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

ksnoad
03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Wow!

That would be an incredible! A great way to learn.

But certainly too far to travel for me :(

Good luck with this,

Kev xx

WilliamVaughan
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
if it's successful I'd just have to plan one over the pond at some point :)

ksnoad
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Hahaa!!!

If that happens, count me in :)

Kev xx

allabulle
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
If you visit Barcelona with yours I'll be glad to assist. Oh, and we have beach and theme parks too! :)

Any chance of doing something similar but on-line?

Edit: I would travel to London (or anywhere in western Europe) too. So we're two already.

safetyman
03-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I wish I still lived in Orlando.

GoatDude
03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
I will definitely sign up

Titus
03-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Sure!

BigHache
03-23-2013, 02:11 PM
If it's on a weekend, I'm down.

CaptainMarlowe
03-23-2013, 02:24 PM
And now, I'm officially hating you for being on the "wrong" side of the ocean.
I would be very happy to join such a workshop, but neither my current job nor the distance - not even to mention my wife and daughters - would allow me to do that...

hazmat777
03-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Well, I'd love to attend,but Seattle is too far from Orlando for my budget. Sounds like a lot of fun as I've admired your work for years William.

akademus
03-23-2013, 11:29 PM
How about online one?

I'd love to attend but the cost of travel would exceed the cost of workshop.