PDA

View Full Version : lightwave is crashing all the time...

stylus10
03-21-2013, 10:18 AM
thank you for your time. in case this has everything to do with it, i am running amd bulldozer 8 core with an azuse backboard and win8. i have both 64 and 32 bit versions installed but cannot find individual file folders saying that. have i "mix" installed them? i cant work like this. (stomps his foot) thanks again, don

Andy Webb
03-21-2013, 01:23 PM
If you are on a PC then LW 64 bit is in 'Program Files\Newtek' folder

and 32 bit is in 'Program Files (x86)\Newtek', if you are on a Mac I'm afraid I can't help.

stylus10
03-21-2013, 01:35 PM
that was helpful. makes sense. still crashing a lot...

Celshader
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
thank you for your time. in case this has everything to do with it, i am running amd bulldozer 8 core with an azuse backboard and win8. i have both 64 and 32 bit versions installed but cannot find individual file folders saying that. have i "mix" installed them? i cant work like this. (stomps his foot) thanks again, don

I run a Bulldozer eight-core at home with Windows 7; no crash issues. Have you checked your video driver?

stylus10
03-21-2013, 02:33 PM
check my video driver. what should i look for? am i looking for a nvidia driver optomised for lightwave? and how did you get your bulldozer to run with win7? thanks!

Celshader
03-21-2013, 03:41 PM
check my video driver. what should i look for? am i looking for a nvidia driver optomised for lightwave? and how did you get your bulldozer to run with win7? thanks!

No, just try a different video driver in case the one you currently have is buggy. Start with the latest NVIDIA video drivers.

Windows 7 installs fine onto an AMD Bulldozer. I did install two Bulldozer-specific hotfixes (http://www.techpowerup.com/158534/New-Windows-7-Bulldozer-Patches-Available..html). I do not know if the hotfixes were necessary (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-8-bulldozer-performance,3289-7.html).

Sensei
03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Do you have any other older LW installed on system?

LW v11.5 can't work when older LW hub is running..

jwiede
03-23-2013, 07:56 PM
I do not know if the hotfixes were necessary (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-8-bulldozer-performance,3289-7.html).
Celshader: They aren't "necessary", per se -- the hotfixes were addressing power/performance efficiency (and then a fairly minor tweak), not OS or app stability issues.

Stylus10: Are the crashes typically the same fault code each time, or different codes?

stylus10
03-24-2013, 08:57 AM
lightwave 11.5 32 and 64 bit freezes. there are no error codes that i see.

prometheus
03-24-2013, 02:29 PM
uninstall them all, reboot your computer, do not run anything else...install Lightwave accordingly to install notes, 32 bit should most commonly be under c:program (x86)
and 64 bit und C:program

But before installing lightwave I suggest check your windows update system and update them first, along with going to your graphics cards vendor and download latest graphic driver and install that first.

When are lightwave freezing? upon startup or when you do something/activate something?

Windows 8 sounds scary by the way...